ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What would happen if......

02 Clio 172
What would happen I disconnected both the both the lambda's either side of a standard Cat on a 172? Literally just unplugged them from the loom? Obviously, I'd secure the cables so they don't hang down it touch the zorst. I'd just leave the sensors in, but not plugged in.

Would I get and difference in sound, performance etc?. I know the EM light will come on too.

Any thoughts guys?

it will chugger along,drive like a bag of s**t, use more fuel and may cause damage if used for prolonged periods.

Why?

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
No, no difference to sound or performance.
the restriction is the cat itself, not the temp sensors plugged in to it.

you will use loads more fuel and have a warning light on aswell, no benefit what so ever.

02 Clio 172
That's sorts that then. What about if its got a OMP Inox with a decat? The lambda's are still in and connected, but I'd like a bit more popping. If I took the lambda's off would that do anything? Not mental stuff. Just a bit more. Does that make sense?

172/1.2/E30
Can't you read? Sensors won't affect sound, they'll only make your car run like a bag of s**t if removed (pre cat one)!

The Post-Cat Lambda monitors emissions only, therefore unplugging this will affect nothing, other than turning the EML on.
The Pre-Cat Lambda is the one that monitors fuel input etc. Unplugging it will make your engine run like poo I'd have thought.

02 Clio 172
Can't you read? Sensors won't affect sound, they'll only make your car run like a bag of s**t if removed (pre cat one)!

Thanks mr pink. That's very kind of you. I think you might want to lean to read! My second post is asking about a different exhaust set up. WITH AN ALREADY DE CATTED ONP INOX! Why are there so many keyboard warriors about? There's no need for the bad attitude. Isn't this supposed to be a forum for people who have a similar interest in Clios? Not a place to have a go at people. Don't bother replying baddy. I won't be returning to this thread.

Thanks to all who gave a sensible response. Looks like I'll have to get the remap. Hopefully I can get a 50% p&b one as I don't want to go over the top. Lol

Clio 172
my clio went thru 5 owners before it got to me since 1 unplugged lambda sensors and it went all crappy stuttering and just s**t in general get atleast the pre-cat 1 plugged back in but as the others says problems for sound are not sensors its the cat itself get a decat pipe your sensors will go in this will keep it running right