ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What would i need to fit these seats?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Depends how handy you are #i guess mate.

Maybe get some custom subframes made that sit in the originals place, then make sure the holes are in the right place for the side mounts, far enough back etc, then should be as simple as that.

clio 172 cup
So there's nothing I can buy off the shelf then? Is it possible to buy bucket seats that will just go straight in?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Will be possible to buy something, Sparco subframes for the clios.
Fairly expensive though which is a put off.

All buckets will come either base mounted or side mounted (linked ones) so will need either special subframes or a bit of DIY to get them to fit.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
It's simpler than it sounds I think, basically you will unbolt your seat from underneath the car, this will remove the seat and subframe, so you will have clear floor underneath. The new subframe bolts in place of this using the same holes, then you would bolt the seat on top of that nice and securely.

I think it's one of those things you have to see/do before you do it yourself.

SchwepTek™
Those seats come with side mounts already.

So all you need is clio subframes which you can get from most places for around £70 a side.

You prob get them much cheaper second hand but as coca-cola said, would be better off with custom ones.

My Cobra subframes are VERY heavy.

SchwepTek™
This is what i have. You buy the runners separetly but tbh you dont really need them. Find the position you want an then bolt it in!

Cobra%20Subframe.2.jpg

SchwepTek™
I'm gonna say yes but they may have to be modified slightly.

They have quite a few different holes on so hopefully one of the sets should fit Sparco side mounts but i cant confirm that.

You could always drill the holes that you need though.