ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What would you buy

Currently 182 w/ cup packs

Gotta new job, potential 40k budget - thinking of replacing 182, what should I get? Thinking maybe NSX, 911 C4, F456, Maser 3200GT, M5 E39, Clio V6, Monaro VXR.

Looking for bulletproof build quality and general sturdiness. Clio felt decidedly rattly when it hit 141 ... on my private runway you understand

Der Panzer
Bobbywhacker said:
Currently 182 w/ cup packs

Gotta new job, potential 40k budget - thinking of replacing 182, what should I get? Thinking maybe NSX, 911 C4, F456, Maser 3200GT, M5 E39, Clio V6, Monaro VXR.

Looking for bulletproof build quality and general sturdiness. Clio felt decidedly rattly when it hit 141 ... on my private runway you understand

Audi.

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
yeah tbh i wouldgo audi myself.
failing that an NSX. saw one yesterday .... just amazing.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
porsche everytime. NSX was good but getting on a bit and they've stopped making them so any problems means time without the car. I've had a 993 + 996 and not one problem with either of them - you're after bullett proof reliability then go with a 996 or possibly 997.

cock mobile.
40k budget, jammy sod, lol.

NSX is lovely, but I think I'd be tempted by a Porsche, far more common than a NSX, but that's because they are just so good!

If not, then an M3 with plenty of cash for mods :)

Turbos.
I know someone with a 456 Ferrari, please remember that these cars cost over £150k new. Even with that envious wage you have mentioned you'd struggle to justify keeping it.

I can't get on with 911s, those bobbing fronts are unnerving. The image and default choice status completely put me off.

I love Italian cars but i wouldn't touch a Maserati, in fact, i'd run a mile!

M5, good cars but personally only good for what they are. Remember, they're massive! Plus every 520 looks exactly the same. Boring.

Clio V6. From my point of view, as someone who likes driving on the track, wouldn't get a second thought. Undoubtedly a real head turner though.

Monaro. Wouldn't been seen dead in one, chav limo.

NSX. Well, obviously i have good things to speak about them. However, when seeing a load of standard ones at Silverstone i did they looked pretty dated. Saw an end of the line black frog eyed one and it still looked like sex on four wheels...

The NSX is not that expensive to insure or run. It has bags of space for two people. Every control is tactile and responsive. It both has a fabulous ride yet doesn't understeer like an Elise would on track. It really is an every day super car. The only problem is that it needs another 100bhp ;)

I would say get your arse down to a special Honda dealer to take one for a test drive.

38.5k , 0-60 3.7 secs, 400 bhp..................no overally reliable but who cares

sagaris_f1.jpg
sagaris_s1.jpg
sagaris_fr1.jpg
sagaris_int1.jpg

Mini Cooper S sport
Jays172 said:
38.5k , 0-60 3.7 secs, 400 bhp..................no overally reliable but who cares

That would be my suggestion but you beat me to it, I LOVE the TVR Sagaris, pure sex on wheels *drool*. I'd buy one in an instant and b****cks to the reliability.

Racing Blue said:
That would be my suggestion but you beat me to it, I LOVE the TVR Sagaris, pure sex on wheels *drool*. I'd buy one in an instant and b****cks to the reliability.

Exactly!! Don't care if it was in the garage every week!

I actually do quite like the saabs lol!! I'd love an RS4 avant, but seems to be only many high mileage ones around. In love with NSXs, but fear I'd suffer beats from mates for only having a 2 seater. Decisions decisions.... good thinking with the M3 CSL - definitely a different car. I worry owning a B-M would perhaps give me the -wrong- sort of attention - oh and most M3 owners are w*nkers. hmmm

Neglected to add this car on't be garaged (at this time) - and will spend lots of its day sitting in a train station carpark - hence no Atoms, TVRs etc - they're just waiting to be keyed

Bobbywhacker said:
I actually do quite like the saabs lol!! I'd love an RS4 avant, but seems to be only many high mileage ones around. In love with NSXs, but fear I'd suffer beats from mates for only having a 2 seater. Decisions decisions.... good thinking with the M3 CSL - definitely a different car. I worry owning a B-M would perhaps give me the -wrong- sort of attention - oh and most M3 owners are w*nkers. hmmm

The CSL has a different image though compared to the normal M3, it gets nothing but nods of admiration and respect off everybody in the know.

Failing that an audi RS6 is within your grasp.

If you don't want big go for the NSX or 996 911 in black!

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
Mada05 said:
M3 (any reason why you have left this off your list?) or a 911 personally. Monaro may also be worth a look.

New M3 out end of the year i believe - would put £40k into the current one it'll devalue quickly.

172 Cup
If I had the money I would be looking at the Exige S... I can only dream.

Or an Evo perhaps? That would be my second choice. Or save another 10k and get the new RS4. (drool)