ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats going on........:S?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, i've not been on the net for over a week solid just so i can hunker down and get some serious work done.

Anyway regarding:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=213070&highlight=angelworks

I didnt have a chance to reply as i had not seen it before it was closed, and i dont want to be seen as shy to respond to cisticisms in public view.

James, your a confusing chap, i honestly dont see where your coming from most of the time as your angle changes everytime we speak.

You had a manifold, it didnt gain as much as you were expecting.......leaving me to believe your unhappy. So i offer a refund, to which you refuse and say 'au contraire' its a good mod and everybody should get one. Then we go over your dyno plots in a thread and point out the gains and where they are, abiet not the largest anybody has exprienced and that even the remap which is meant to pull 10bhp did next to nothing.

So leaving it at that is one thing, but if your so unhappy with who i am why do i recieve an email asking about a drive in/drive out ITB conversion? And no i havent replied, knowingly, i'm quite cautious about entertaining the idea of doing business on such an indepth amount of work using items we have no 100% finished.

And regarding the items, so what, i have delays. Were not the fastest and its a known fact, but when did rushing things ever get anybody anywhere? I'm a one man band (abiet just taken on a mechanic to ease the work load) and have to make sure not only is the work done, but every email and telephonecall is dealt with and every answer isnt a 2 min fob off but a clear explanation of whatever enquiry it might be. I have to run the business and deal with the logistics of all new projects. I seek perfection from all suppliers i use, which is an exhaustive process. I drive all my engine machining work 120 miles to the only company with the equipment i deem good enough and operated by a machinist i trust. I dont just hop down the road to a local engine machine shop, so it takes me a whole day of pretty much waiting for simple items to be done, and i loose money on it but its worth it.

Developments mean time and money, money which i do not have unless i work to fund the R&D, and to turn around enough to support a business, not lead to cashflow issue AND fund new developments is not an easy task for a relatively new and small company. So i'm afriad the release will come when i am happy with the finished item.

I take criticism quite fine, and i use it to better myself, not dig a hole and stick my head in it.

As you can probably tell by my post count, i've been around for a long time on this forum............and i havent been running AWT for that whole time. I WAS first and foremost a member of the public and a customer of the rest of the industry, i sat on here like everybody else talking. I gave and still do give advice where and when i can, i dont try and make a sale out of every single post, i get tends of PM's a day asking for help, and i banter with the rest of them. I didnt hop on CS as a point of sale, i was here from the beginning.

If you have any questions feel free to shoot, and as always i appreciate your honesty as i've said before.

Milltek'd 182
lol, no i ment because most people know it anyway! your reputation is very good on here, and i dont think anyone really listened to the ja.jack thread for a second lol

R35 GTR
well sitting around not saying anything is like an admition of guilt.

dont worry about it too much. I am happy to come and get work done at your place, but if you fook it up I'll bum you with a gorillas finger.

D

dick

well sitting around not saying anything is like an admition of guilt.

nah, not really.
altho ive not been here long or used ya company, your respected enough from your work and advice you seem to be more than trust worthy.

thanks a lot for helping everyone out.

im just glad you havent got all arsy from a t**t or two and deserted the place, leaving many people with questions unanswered.

Well fella I wouldnt worry,

I bet you have worked on hundreds of cars (possibly 1000's) doing various Mods for them. and I bet they are ALL happy.

Unfortunatley there are people that expect the earth for pennies. you cannot please everyone ALL of the time.

but good post mate. you keep up the good work!!

My opinion for whats its worth -

I have been waiting for the new inlet manifold for about 3 months. I paid my money for the hardware at cost and understood at the time that I wasnt buying on off the shelf product and that it was under 'developement'.

I have spoken to Ben a number of times in person, on the phone and by pm. He has never failed to answer a phone call and is always genuine. There is nothing worse then someone going quiet on you and not taking calls and sounding annoyed if you want to speak to them about progress, I have never had this problem.

I have also seen alot of ja.jack on the forum and do kind of agree with what he is on about, although would not go about it in the same way. Cliosport is full of people who have there inlet done by BenR or a service done by GDI etc. This tuning company then becomes in there eyes the best company to ever lay hands on an f4r. The forum also has people that have never had work done or even spoke to the said tuning companies but they also have favourable opinions of them. This creates the arse licking effect which ja.jack speaks about.

To put it in perspective people like myself and ja.jack will be spending thousands on our engines and want the best possible solutions. But with 172/182 there isnt many heavily tuned cars out there so any solution will come with quite alot of uncertainty.

I am not sure what ja.jack wants to achieve by the thread he started. But if he doesnt like Angelworks for what ever reason he doesnt have to spend his money there.

I have an independent RR of my car in its current state of tune and will get it RR'd again when the inlet is installed. I will be quite happy to meet with ja.jack at Angelworks when the work is done and demo the car (Ben to provide tea and cakes). This will include an honest opinion of what I think, maybe we will do it elsewhere if I dont rate it;).

Ben has raised the profile of his inlet quite alot on the forum so hopefully the timescales dont extend to much further.

Status
Not open for further replies.