ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's gone wrong with my wrinkle paint?,with pics

I did my inlet manifold yesterday and it came out perfect like this
eaa7108f85eb2f164094e114e8f8a05a.jpg

So to day I cracked on and did my fuel rail guard unfortunately it's come out all glossy and no where near as finally wrinkled as the manifold.
e81f900255c299aa38dd205313178aed.jpg

What's gone wrong? Not enough paint? I used the same tin for both do it can't be a difference in batch

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
There are some many things people do to cars that make them look sh1t..

This isn't one of them... I sat with brake cleaner and engine degreaser on the Clio the other week and it still looked poopy.. This looks like an OE looking solution..

The top bit looks pukka... The lower might have had more contamination, strip clean, wash, degrease and leave to bake in the sun before trying again..

I've painted a few sets of wheels and leaving them to cook in the sun really helps after wet and drying, cleaning etc.

Cheers mate. Time to get some paint stripper and start again. I'll leave it overnight and see if it cures a bit more. The inlet manifold cured within 5hrs like that so I'm not hopeful as the guard has already had that time but hey ho

Clio 172 cup
When i did mine i baked my inlet in the oven came out well just smelt so bad and to achieve a similar crinkle on the fuel rail cover i baked it unpainted then sprayed it straight out the oven
IMAG0119.jpg
came out fine on mine.