ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's involved in fitting 02m gearbox

BG FF 182
What is involved with fitting a 02m gearbox to clio 182 ?

Also are the ratios much different to the standard 182 box ?

Will it affect acceleration, it will be fitted after low boost ready for high boost.

Thanks in advance.

big boost cup
quite a bit of fab work. new flywheel, clutch, mounts gearbox and dog bone, driveshafts, diff, hydraulic clutch, speed sensor, gear linkage.
the 6 speed has slightly shorter ratios with 15s

big boost cup
you can buy all the bits and fit yourself. speak to chris@efi parts. he is the one that done mine

BG FF 182
Yeah I want to fit a diff to it and £1700 isn't bad, maybe a lot of effort my self but I have a mechanic friend and plenty of space to do it so might as well save the labour cost if I have to drop a forge engine in

big boost cup
the diff will be about 1k fitted and a decent vw clutch is about 500 but depends on power you are going for as to weather you need a "fancy" one

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Wow you guys are crazy Imo.

I stress enough over spending £300 on a set of wheels and tyres.... Let along 1.5+ on a gearbox!

When mine goes I will cry at the 300 to get it refurbed

BG FF 182
Wow you guys are crazy Imo.

I stress enough over spending £300 on a set of wheels and tyres.... Let along 1.5+ on a gearbox!

When mine goes I will cry at the 300 to get it refurbed

Put smile on my face. I've had my 182 for a year now and spent 3k on it and far from finished, I've tried to do things before they become a problem. It's same with the box I don't want some thing that may or may not die specially when I go high boost as it increases the chances.

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Car is standing tucked away in the shed atm, engine has a small issue so have to pull it out. Not sure if i'm going to refit it though because of lack of time so will have to get back to you.

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Lol, in the time you spend making it drives i've had the engine out 2 times for modifications and driven it again after :p