ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what's lighter?

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
I just got 2118's and they ain't light! Sturdy but not light! I'd say f1's mate, less metal!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
nice one ali!

if only someone had a 2118 handy with some scales now!

Stripped yozza'd cup
F1 - 8.98kg
2118 - 9.62kg

Edit- just noticed ali's picture..... It would seem the website figure is wrong... Same as what oz themselves say though? What size are they?? 15x7?

ph1 172
Yeah there 15x7.

I've just weighed the rest of the set individualy and there all 6.5-7kgs.

Quite a bit lower than the book figures it would appear.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Yeah there 15x7.

I've just weighed the rest of the set individualy and there all 6.5-7kgs.

Quite a bit lower than the book figures it would appear.

How odd! I'd always dismissed them as a wheel choice because I thought they weighed too much...

Lionel Richie
they all bend regardless of what they're made off, t**t them on a curb on track/hit a pot hole = bent

the cup racers orignally had them back when they were phs1, they bent LOADS of wheels, so they changed to the speedlines

Stripped yozza'd cup
Hmm.... To be fair, I guess it's the price you pay for lightness?? I'm assuming the ultraleg's are no better?
Do mag rims not tend to snap rather than bend?

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
f1s are made of cheese iirc, i skiffed a kerb and pringled one! and the spare was bucled worse when i got the car! good wheels tho ;)

Italian 3.2 V6
Iv never bent any OZ F1's. Must be due to people hittin Bad pot holes or knocking into kerbs or either hard track use?

..and I live in Cumbria were the roads are harsh!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
quite fancy keeping the speedlines's for track use as they were used on the cup racers, not sure what do with the f1's though!