ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's missing?

What is the metal piece missing in the engine bay at the front of the engine and what is its purpose?

It seems it has been messed about with.

Cheers.

053_zps146e930b.jpg

It should look like this below
inferno_clio_182_cup_011.jpg

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
That's the fuel rail guard. I'd get one fitted if I were you.

Protects the fuel rail if you have a crash obviously

Thanks Liam.

What would be a potential reason this has been removed? It doesn't seem to cause fouling to the ITG filter. Do you guys have any idea on cost of the missing part?

It is a car I am interested in buying and I am trying to gather as much information as I can about it before I make the 260-mile round trip to view it.

Also the owner doesn't know if it has the cup suspension, is the only way to determine this to remove the wheel and measure the bolt spacing of the hubs?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
The fuel rail guard, sometimes the studs break, sometimes the bolts rattle loose and it falls off, and then it's not replaced.

It's cheap as chips second hand (about 15 quid all in I'd imagine). But I'd check the studs are there, because if they've snapped close to the block, it's a git to get out.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I've got one at my mums house I could post to you if you cover the postage. Unless someone closer offers you one.

If you get the car obviously!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
4.5K for a mk2 clio that needs paint? Crikey, that seems ambitious, thats actually more of a premium on the paint colour now than it was when new, lol.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Why?

I am not buying it for the advertised price, he wants 3k as it stands or 3.5 with the cosmetic work done and the wheels refurbished.

That sounds more realistic then. Although still seems like strong money for a bit of a ropey car just cause its yellow, but only you can decide how desperately you want a yellow mk2 clio or not.

I really like LY but the condition of a car is more important than its colour unless this is reflected in the advertised price.