ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats the average Valver owners age

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Right, im 19 and love my valver to bits but the runnin costs and a 19 year old lifestyle limits my cash flow for me car. Am i a young owner cus all you lot seem to have lush cars!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Want a Williams interior to go with that engine? 2l in a valver is so stealthy I would be tempted to do chip, head and cams before the engine goes in, that would be rampant.

German Barge

my car comes first fella, i have g/friend as well, which obviously costs money, but i just put money aside for it all. I have had the car since october, insurance is 1000 a yr. It does cost a lot and thats where all my money seems to go (but thats not a bad thing :))

he he martin, it is chipped to 8000rpm, and i will be getting a ktech manifold, decat, and cams done to the engine while its being fitted if all goes to plan..

im 21 and the 2 guys i know wi valvers r 21 and 20.as 4 lifestyle i used 2 only work 1 day a week and 90% of the money i earner from that went straight 2 the car,i have a second part time job now so im saving up 4 my insurance renewal in june

172 Cup

i am 21 and got mine when i was 19. i have spent sh1t loads on it but i still love it. my insurance is only £600 now so i think i should upgrade next year to something turbo!

Paul

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

im 18 got my valver about a week before i turned 18. Just had the gearbox replaced as well so gettin drunk before i go out from now on.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

23 but only use it now and then. Drive an astra for day-to-day driving.

...had it since i was 19 back in good old 1999!

think the average age is fairly young. then you get the slightly older enthusiast chucked into the mix.

oh, im 23 btw.

29 today

bro company insures it, with mods

maintain car myself, so have the benefit of running costs being low

but after u replace everything theres not much left to go wrong lol

BMW 320d Sport

sh*t I beat all you young uns...Im 31 in a few months! Guess Im not ready for a grown-up car with air con and air bags yet. If its any consolation I did buy it when I was 26.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

I thought Id be oldest! 30 in June. Got it 3 years ago and much improvemnt on my old MG Metro.

Like said earlier when everything is done properly cheap. But then in 3 years replaced OE suspension with coilovers, cambelt and water pump changed, clutch changed, OE brakes replaced with tarox. Wheel bearings, handbrake cable, ball joint, cv gaiter. Everything done when old items were shot so not done for the sake of it, just replaced standard for better.

Only things done that werent really needed were the BMC CDA to replace K&N it came with, BB chip to make it more drivable and magnex decat and supersprint manifold to go with the magnex cat back it came with.

And got it broken into so insurance paid for delocking and some spraying and I paid for the rest of the spraying to tidy it up and derusting of rear arches. Think age actually does help with the costs.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

19. Got my first valver a week before my 19th birthday.. but im female. all works out alot cheaper for me.. 1yrs no claims, £775 tpft

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Well its good to know that you all have no money too!Lol

I bought mine when i wa 18 and in 6months ive spent over 2 grand!

But i love my car though!

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Im 23 in a couple of months - had it a year.

I pay £900 tpft with 1 years no claims and no mention of the wheels, suspension, zorts and 2k install!!

I told em about the alarm though ;)

Im 16 and got mine in november. My mum got a Daewoo Matiz so i gave her £300 for her Valver. My dads usin it for now but i can get stupidly high insurance in septrmber.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

You got a valver for £300 quid?

I just paid £293.50 for a clutch for a valver?

Also doubt very very much youll get insured on one till your at least 18 and have some no claims to your name.

Madmat...are you a bit spoilt per chance? ;)

YES, Im the oldest....33! Had it 18 months and still love it. Almost bought a Fiat Coupe 20v T but valvers are just too much fun, like Ben R says, Ive got plenty of time for a grown ups car..anyway my wifes got one of those.

Valver

Quote: Originally posted by paul1178 on 11 February 2004

YES, Im the oldest....33! Had it 18 months and still love it. Almost bought a Fiat Coupe 20v T but valvers are just too much fun, like Ben R says, Ive got plenty of time for a grown ups car..anyway my wifes got one of those.

No yer not, the year I was born England won the world cup :eek:

20...got it when i was 19 so pretty much the average age bracket. insurance is steadily coming down but costs are still high cos im in the process of making it perfect!its mint already tho!think it was cat171 who spotted it on the m3!currently saving for a bb turbo conv!

felix

Quote: Originally posted by Speiro on 11 February 2004

Quote: Originally posted by paul1178 on 11 February 2004

<SCRIPT language=javascript> No yer not, the year I was born England won the world cup :eek:
Youre all SPRING CHICKENS

Valver

Quote: Originally posted by Breakout on 10 February 2004

Im 18, dont have a valver, did an elephant.co.uk quote and got 1800 Full Comp on a 94 worth 2800... so maybe just maybe!

You know it makes sense :D