ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats the best paint finish..

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

when i was at the motorshow all the dark cars had swirls on them, i think its impossible to stop but they defo dott show up as much on the lighter colours like the artic, racing blue, yellow and the best is silver.

i have black and its swirl city.

Use a swirl remover like Meguiars scratch-x or 3M Swirl Mark Remover, or if the swirls and scratches are not too serious you could use a glaze/filler like 3M Imperial Hand Glaze to mask them. Follow with a good wax coat.

Wash and polish your car using only clean cloths, sponges and applicator pads. By using good quality polishes and waxes you can also help reduce the swirls.

I have a black car, and whilst it is nearly impossible to keep it swirl and scratch free, you have to look pretty hard at mine to find any bad ones. My car is only 7 month old and the paint is in good condition so I use the 3M IHG and S100 on top - perfect finish.

In answer to your question...silver IMHO, you still have a good colour, its a tougher paint so more resiliant to chips, and scratches and dosent show swirls that easily.

Had a few black cars, they look great.....for the five mins after you have polished them, even then when the sun is out they still look flawed....black is also the softest colour - look great when clean though

the best way is not to polish you car in a swirling motion ??, not being funny but you shouldnt swirl when your polishing, you should move back and forward, following the lines of the car.

Laguna 2, Westfield

Polishes like Autoglym super resin are quite harsh and will bring the colour out lovely, and will be shiney, but in direct sun you will see swirls, you need to use a less abrasive polish, autoglym gloss protection is good, or turtle wax colour magic/max wax leave a pukka shine with less swirls, youll never get rid of them all.