ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's the best place to buy Clip hardware+software end of 2018?

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
Hi All,

As per title really, been looking at some of the eBay offerings and varying from around £80-£150 what's the safest bet these days?
Found guidance on some old posts (circa 2012) that have worries with clip and 64bit operating systems, is this still a worry? I'm running Windows 10.
Basically I want to turn off driver's airbag and also investigate why the traction control/abs/serv lights will come on about 10 minutes into every drive. But I can imagine it could also come in handy for other issues down the line I'm bound to have.
Car is off the road at the moment so if it means shipping one in over a couple of weeks for a decent clone I'm not fussy

Cheers

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Buy full chip one about £120 off ebay.

You wont get the software working easily on win10 64 bit, the drivers are not supported. You will need xp or win7 32bit, which can be run on a virtual machine, however i found the usb connection to be sketchy, so picked up an old xp laptop and use it for diagnostics only.

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
Buy full chip one about £120 off ebay.

You wont get the software working easily on win10 64 bit, the drivers are not supported. You will need xp or win7 32bit, which can be run on a virtual machine, however i found the usb connection to be sketchy, so picked up an old xp laptop and use it for diagnostics only.

Thanks for the advice, I'll be on the lookout for a xp laptop soon I imagine, unless I can get the VMware stuff going well on my laptop

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Give the vmware a blast first, if the usb works ok your laughing. My acer laptop would not have it, typically a known issue with this brand.

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
@Rystar @Brigsy Just thought i'd ask you guys in this thread rather than start a new one,

Rystar did you end up buying a Clip? if so how did you get on with it and where did you get yours from (if ebay, the seller)

Any one know good sellers anyone can link me to a renault clip that definitely work?

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
I didn't no, once again around the time the car did a box so funds for fun car things were too low to warrant it! Its still sat in the ebay basket waiting its fateful day!

182... again!
I bought a £130 full chip version off ebay. Works great, especially if I connect to car before turning on laptop and clip. Bought an old mindows 7 laptop (32bit) as advised by seller. Think he was Charles Michaels, but doesn't appear to have anything listed at the moment!