ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats the Difference?

2002 Clio 172
Hi, could somebody possibly tell me the difference between a normal 172 and a 172 Cup please? Thanks dudes.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Cup is 90kgs lighter, doesnt have xenons or leatehr or aircon(most of them) comes with turini alloys most are mondial blue and have slightly different suspension

2002 Clio 172
And are there any other differences apart from no leather or AC and tartier wheels and suspension?

172 Cup
Cup = No leather, no rear head rests, no AC, no xenons, no headlight washers, no engine cover, no ABS, no traction control, no ESP, no auto headlights/wipers etc. Cut the bullshit basically!

Thinner glass, enlarged spoiler, no spare wheel, wider track 20mm.

IIRC the suspension is 25% stiffer, 3mm lower, you get Turinis, most were made in Mondial blue, few in silver. AC was an option on the later ones 53 plates usually.

M2 Competition
Lol, loads! but most are happening and being sorted now. will be same problems as for normal 172 dude.

182 Full Fat
Jericho said:
Lol, yeah I gathered that much. I just dont want it to be costing me an arm and a leg to keep it running :)

Only the petrol will if you rag it. Still you only live once!!
Plus IIRC insurance quotes tend to be slightly higher on 172CUP's as they have no ABS obviously incresing the risk of an accident:dead:

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
search.gif

FFS man thats what its there for!

Nippy white cup
I wouldn`t worry too much about fuel costs...mine seems to be very good considering it`s performance. As with any car tho it`s down to how you drive it. On a motorway at 80 mine will do low 40`s....screw it tho and that will drop belo w20 no probs lol

Chris

Monaco Blue 172
Jericho said:
Woohoo! Bought a 172 (normal one) but it doesn't have a traction control switch. Why's this?
not all of them had traction control. only ones issued at the end of 2002 or something (someone will correct me there) ;)