ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats the difference?..

B

Bucko

They're really common questions that could easily be answered using the search facility.

B

Bucko

I do regularly thanks, that's how i found out everything i needed to know about the Clio range.

clio 1.2 16v
no handbags just some c**k thats not been laid in a few months soo thort he wud have a pop at me !

why does it matter either way ?.. people are answering my questions ?.. if they were reli pissed off i hadnt used the search part then they wouldnt of replied!!

sooo shhh

ST
For what you want to spend you can cross trophies off your list, but you will get as Danny said a peach of a ph1 172, a decent ph2 172 or an ok 182..

ph1 172
buy a ph1 and buy some bits for it.

i paid £2.4k for one with 63k miles, FSH, mint wheels, 4 new tyres, new looking interior, nearly perfect exterior.

There are some bargains to be had at the moment!

LY V6 with Recaros
If you can find a good 182 with cup packs in your budget then I'd go with that as you get the better handling and looks of a cup but with the extra toys such as climate control / air con / xenons etc. Otherwise just go for a 172 if you want the toys, you should be able to find a good'un with your budget.

The best thing is to have a look at each, try to get a drive of them and see which you prefer from there.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
If you can find a good 182 with cup packs in your budget then I'd go with that as you get the better handling and looks of a cup but with the extra toys such as climate control / air con / xenons etc. Otherwise just go for a 172 if you want the toys, you should be able to find a good'un with your budget.

The best thing is to have a look at each, try to get a drive of them and see which you prefer from there.

+1

Nothing puts you in a better position than actually experiencing the car behind the wheel!

clio 1.2 16v
going too see about two test drive i think my dad is going too come too and have a go..

been looking alot on the internet and clio 182 in racing blue have relli taken my eye..x

Lots of Alfas
Some info here.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/renault/clio-172182-2001.aspx

The all have positives and negatives 172mk1, 172mk2 172cup, 182, 182cup and 182 Trophy.

The ones that stand out are the 172mk1, has the preface lift front and rear, is the most responsive to drive, cheaper to buy and slightly cheaper to tax. 172cup is the lightend face lift 172 with no equipment but is a tad faster and arguably looks the best with speedline wheels and blue paint (theres a few silver ones too). The 182 Trophy is the 'ultimate' development, with quite a few alterations, fantastic red colour, fancy suspension, recaros, spoiler and anthracite wheels and limited to 500.

Cayman S Edition 1
I'm biased.

P1000928.jpg

Cayman S Edition 1
many thanks.

No the rear are normal seats. Shame really, but they're fairly light weight. (nice grammer btw;)

clio 1.2 16v
Some info here.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/renault/clio-172182-2001.aspx

The all have positives and negatives 172mk1, 172mk2 172cup, 182, 182cup and 182 Trophy.

The ones that stand out are the 172mk1, has the preface lift front and rear, is the most responsive to drive, cheaper to buy and slightly cheaper to tax. 172cup is the lightend face lift 172 with no equipment but is a tad faster and arguably looks the best with speedline wheels and blue paint (theres a few silver ones too). The 182 Trophy is the 'ultimate' development, with quite a few alterations, fantastic red colour, fancy suspension, recaros, spoiler and anthracite wheels and limited to 500.

cheers been on there now and its pritty good..

Swift Sport
Too many personal opinions on here imo, it can be expected though.

It is more important that you find a car in good condition at the right price... no point having exactly what you want if its falling apart!

Decide what colours you like and go from there, ignore any comments about which is fastest because they are all very similar and plenty fast enough for you...

If you particularly like leather and climate control and toys like that then maybe steer away from cups.

It is only when you start looking around that you can decide what you want.

Hope you find what you're after though fella :)

320d
Cup packed 182 is a good compromise imo although there are no bad RS clios. Imo 182 cup is most pointless you lose lots of kit to save 20kg you'd be far better off just half filling your tank in a ff imo. Although its easier to get RB 182 cups than FF

clio 1.2 16v
cheers mateyyy.. yerrr reli want leather, and other toys inside the car..

beeen looking at alot and been offered a reli nice 172,

like the 182 in racing blue but there a bit £££ for my limit..

soo looking at 172's noww.. but keep clicking back onto 182's

dont liek the exhsausts on the 182's but can change tht..
and dont like the look of the 172's without an exshaust..

wish me luck ;)

BMW E46 330i Touring
Ah right, I had a horrible vision of a big exhaust hanging below the bumper!

Stealth on the 172 is the future, and the trophy above is just right for the 182 :)

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
the easiest way is go and drive some. i was looking for a 182 then drove the 172 cup and i was taken. gadgets didnt matter it just felt more me and that was that. theyre all near enough the same and most of the comments in this thread are people defending their choice. just see which one suits you best. wont know just by looking on here unfortunately. but you will find useful pointers as to what you need to be looking for...

182-racing-blue

nope not one bit if im spending 5k ish on a car then another 1400 on insurance i want to know what i should be looking for and the difference in the cars if u dont like it mate dont read the thread!

You should be looking for a nissan micra on an 'F' plate and save 6k for a deposit on a flat.

Do you have the income for tax when it goes up next year?

Petrol costs?

Buying any of the aforementioned cars will kill your wallet.

Time for the accronyms. TBQFH IMHO :rolleyes: