ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's the official score with decats, FACTS.

Jap Shed
1. There is so much discussion on the subject but some people believe they are illegal. Are they or not?

2. If it's illegal will surely refuse to insure you if you do it?

Informed discussion only please!

Da

Less
Decats aren't illegal, it's the fact that fitting them to your car would mean the car is unroadworthy as it would fail a roadside VOSA check - that's the problem.

If it wont pass the MOT then it's classed as unroadworthy.

I've said it several times before can't be bothered to explain again. Search google if you want reasons. Or perhaps some kind soul will elaborate later :)

172 cup & 182
If your car will fail it's MOT without a cat fitted then it must be illegal to drive it.
It's the same if you fit small number plates.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Will deffo fail MOT emmisions test can supply a fail sheet from today with a K-tec silenced one as proof :cool:

Rsport182Cup'd
The VOSA, Vehicle operator standards authority normally look after lorries and busses, i work in the industry ad beleive me, they are the gods, the can also deal with cars and vans, there is a fine called a PG9. Prohibition. this can be delayed or immediate, if it is an immediate it will only get towed by you, you cant pass go or drive until re tested. it is most certainly a PG9. vosa have got more power than the police when it comes to the road and what is on it.

That is FACTUALLY how it stands,

i got a decat though, bolt in bolt out, test, no test. main reason you would get cought would be the noise level when you nailing it past the traffice car, answer = do not nail it past them.