ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats the point.....

BMW M3
....... in having a digital readout that tells you how many miles till the tank is empty, when it just goes to ---- the minute the fuel light come on lol.

Winds me up lol

Meg on pistonheads £6995
stoopid, but comes on with about 9.9 gallons gone, so loads left

Tank holds 50 litres + (altho officially 45 or 10 gallons)

I squeeked 100 miles on orange in the fuel strike - I bet you'd get almost 50 from a petrol if you dared :-O

Renault Clio, 216 Tomcat
lol. dont take that dare.. i dont that on ma way to work..and guess wot started pulling out the space and bang..no fuel..lol.. get i fink 43 miles.pushin it..and thats steady 70 mph.lol.theey puthte wee thing there just to wind u up..thats all its there for..c ur p***ed off aint u..just wot they want..lol

Tangoed Works
Can get 30 safely out of 1*2 driven gently on the light, have had 40 though once and made it to station!

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
put a can of petrol in the boot and try it and see how many miles you get from the light coming on to the car conking out lol, then just stick some petrol from the boot in and fill her up at nearest petty station :)

Da

Less
It goes to ---- because it's only ever an estimate based on all the contributing factors. If you relied on the reading 100% even with the fuel light on you could easily run out of petrol before the reading went to zero. People would then try to claim from Renault for costs etc, hence the display going to ----.

182 Trophy
put a can of petrol in the boot and try it and see how many miles you get from the light coming on to the car conking out lol, then just stick some petrol from the boot in and fill her up at nearest petty station :)

Doesn't do the engine much good though :(

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
My 182 ---'s with 30 miles to go, done about that and lost my balls and filled up

BMW M3
It goes to ---- because it's only ever an estimate based on all the contributing factors. If you relied on the reading 100% even with the fuel light on you could easily run out of petrol before the reading went to zero. People would then try to claim from Renault for costs etc, hence the display going to ----.

Well, my dads old car was a Jeep Grand cherokee and its readout was spot on. He thought it would give you some grace when it gets down to 0 miles left and sure enough a few minutes later, it concked out.

Although that was a 4.7 V8 lol