ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats these bits worth these days?

Dodgy one
Ive got a 350d which ive had for a while which is barely used with not a mark on it, Complete with 18-55mm lens all boxed with charger, manuals, cds etc and 256mb card

Since i bought my 40d last year its just sat in my camera bag and cant see much use for it in the future so not much point worth keeping.

Ive also got a 100-300f4 Sigma lens too any ideas what that normally goes for too? Hoping i can get enough money together to purchase an L :cool:

Oil Burner
why get rid of the 100-300f4 for an L lense?

Its a fine lense and to be honest with the amount you would loose selling it surely you would be better off keeping it?

Dodgy one
Its not a lense i use to its full potential, TBH I dont see much need for 300mm, 200 is quite sufficent if you have good glass for most things, Its a great lense which can get some great shots tis just a bit to big, I didnt pay retail for it so wouldnt lose a lot i'd think

Oil Burner
I would stick with it, your thinking of a 70-200 f4 or f4is i presume.

The 100-300 is better built in my slightly biased opinion.

Seems a waste to sell to buy something so similar.

On the upside if you sell it on Photography on the Net you should get most of what you paid for it.

dk

911 GTS Cab
rubbish, the 70-200 lens is one of the best lens's available, its soooooo fast to focus and the images are second to none.

The build quality is really good too. The best lens I ever bought and like using the most is the 70-200 F4 L, plus its white which is just cool.

Oil Burner
Ive clearly handled bad examples of the 70-200

I will maintain your time is wasted swapping between these two, unless you really want IS.

The 100-300 is an excellent lense, as is the 70-200, but you will loose money over the original list value of the lenses, and i dont think you will find the difference in quality your looking for.

Ive not noticed the few times ive used a 70-200 it being any faster than the 100-300.

Each to their own, i forget about cliosport incomes.

I will give you that its white and that is cool;)

I'd quite like the Sigma 100-300 F4, heard it focuses quick and is well built. Do find my 70-200 is often to short.

Anyway, I just sold my 350D + 18-55, with 1GB Jessops memory and a bag for 250 delivered if that helps. Camera was in average condition with a few marks on the screen. Just look on eBay to get an idea on price...