ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats this? (came with my clutch kit)

this came with my clutch kit, finding the box a bit to go back on so i'll check that it's all aligned tomorrow but weren't sure if i need to use this?

30tnadu.jpg

Ph2 172
Won't affect box going back on its more for smooth clutch operation as it slides along it and release bearing

TheCAB

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup 172
In my experience never a good idea to lubricate the input shaft splines, just be cleaned off and and left dry. Lots of dust about in the bellhousing from the clutch plate as it wears down and as such if the shaft is lubricated it can then stick to the splines on the shaft and over time adversely affect the clutch operation.

Last edited:
  Megane r26
In my experience never a good idea to lubricate the input shaft splines, just be cleaned off and and left dry. Lots of dust about in the bellhousing from the clutch plate as it wears down and as such if the shaft is lubricated it can then stick to the splines on the shaft and over time adversely affect the clutch operation.

Its grease for the input shaft as said above.

What I tend to do is make sure all the splines are completely clean use a bit of brake cleaner and a small flat screwdriver to scrape in between the splines.

i have used similar grease on splines from time to time and never a had a problem but it's never caused a problem when I haven't used it. I just make sure the input shaft is clean.