ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats this clio like?

campus sport 1.2 16v
I'm getting a new clio campus sport 1.2 16v on saturday-does anyone out there drive one-what are they like?

Last edited:
  BMW Z4 3.0i
My girlfriend has a "55" Extreme 4 which is basically the same car. Her's has got the 1.2 16v engine. If it's your first car then you're very lucky. It's very easy to drive, very quiet, pretty decent ride and handling for such a cheap car. Even the cd player is ok. At first glance it looks like a 172 also. Overall it's a very nice car. Only problem is that while the 1.2 is great for insurance, it's probably a bit underpowered. You'll be fine for a year or maybe more but you'd be better off in the long run with a 1.4.

Can't have everything though!

BMW M135i
I used to have a 1.2 16v Dynamique, which is essentially the same car.
Mine was fine for the 10months or so I had it, never had any problems wasn't too slow for a 1.2. Only sold it because I bought a 1.6.

edit: 100% Agree with the above too.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
my garage sells them by the bucket load, so all our customers must like something!!!! I personally think they're extremely good value for money!!

tiTTy & SV650
75brake aint underpowered for a clio, its not exactly fast but it's not underpowered IMO.

BMW Z4 3.0i
Alright, under-torqued might have been more accurate. A lot of gear changing for any hills.

Astra SRi T
mine seems to have plenty of power compared to other 1.2's few of my mates didnt actually think its was a 1.2 when i 1st got it , there are quite quick for a small engine

Golf R/Leon FR
they do have a decent bhp for a 1.2 75bhp is decent for a small engine, my girlfriend has a 1.2 16v and is very nice to drive alot easier to drive than my 172.

RS 200
I had a 1.2 Dynamique before I got my current 1.4 Dynamique. Have to say Renault can make a really nice engine, using the gears wisely it can be quite pleasing.

Decided on a change after a year to my current 1.4 which I took delivery of in March last year. Comparing that to the 1.2 yes it is different but not massivly. Seems smoother applying the throttle and then with the expected slight gains in acceleration and speed.

People seemed to see the 1.2 in high regard, as well as the rest of the non sport range when I decided to join up nearly a year ago, I feel they get the recognition they deserve. Yes it is no comparission to the 172 / 182 but still has some respect that the Clio range has earned over the years.

Enjoy your car.

Chris

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
in terms of chasis, looks, internal space are they exactly the same as the 1.2 Authentique or Dynamique????
i want to sell my Athentique and get a new clio and i dont like the new shape clio but idont want to looose anything i have on my Athentique.

M2 Competition
Used to have a 1.2 16v, great cars.
also you wont notice the difference between that and a 1.4, my mate had the 1.4 and wasnt noticably faster. go for it m8.

wikked m8 thnxs.

So these Clio Campuses are not smaller then the old Dynamique or Athentique in therms of the size of the car???

Do the new campus Sports have the sport seats you get in 172/182???
do the clio Dynamique have the sport seats of 172/182???

Last edited:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
coletti - out of interest, have you recently passed your test and/or this is your first car?

If so, a car like that would make a cracking one to start off with. Not only do you get the benefits of cheaper insurance and stuff from a 1.2, but you also get to learn how a car behaves when driven. Even after 14 years of driving, I'm still learning and smaller engined cars are generally a whole lot more forgiving than bigger engined ones.

I started off with a Punto Sporting at circa 85bhp. It was a great, zingy car to begin with and at only 5 weeks old when I bought it, I was clearly very lucky. In many ways, it taught me how to 'handle' the next car I got which was the much more powerful Punto GTT. I'd like to think that I'm a half-decent driver, but without the experience gained from the Sporting, I'm pretty sure I would have made some silly (and perhaps dangerous) mistakes in the GTT.

Sounds like a great and sensible choice there! :approve:

D.

Clio200 EDC Lux
My g/f has got a 1.2 Dynamique +, Interior is nearly the same on my FF 172. Alu door handles, seats are the same though obviously not leather etc, think they are the same as a cup. Have to admit the 1.2 16v is a good engine and I don't mind driving when we go out in her car.

you couldnt by any chance sort me out a picture of the interior could you??? i would be gratefull if you could.

thnks

Clio 1.4 16v
rex said:
Used to have a 1.2 16v, great cars.
also you wont notice the difference between that and a 1.4, my mate had the 1.4 and wasnt noticably faster. go for it m8.

Thats a load of twoddle!!! the 1.4's are noticeably faster alll round, especially on hills where as the 1.2's hardly move up 'em!!

Mk 2 Ph 2 1.2 16v
Here's a couple of pics of my 1.2 16v Dynamique (the grey one) and my brother's Campus Sport.

Mine and Ads car 015.jpg Mine and Ads car 014.jpg

The interior is nice on the Campus Sport (not the same as the 172 and 182), but has some nice little touches like silver interior door handles, silver handbrake button, etc. Really nice cars in my opinion.

campus sport 1.2 16v
hey daz yeah this is my first car but ive been drivin my girls 1.4 clio and i was after a fairly sporty model but nothing too flash if you know what i mean and ve gotta say i absolutely luv this car for me its perfect whithout the "boy racer" image

Adam C, have you moded you dynamique??? cos it seems to have nice side skirts, a nice sporty front bumper and a spoiler. or are these all standered on the dynamique???

really, would there be any reason why the 1.4 are not on there website??? So you can still get brand new 1.4 Campus sports????

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
whats the difference between the campus and the dynamique.

after FCS is have no idea about clios, thort they all had alarms how wrong i was!

A red missile
I used to have a 1.2 and it was horses for courses really, cost sod all to buy, ran on fresh air almost - generally managed 38/40mpg but it was still happier doing 90 on the motorway than 50, couldn't fault it really. Wouldn't rush to swap the Trophy for one to be honest but it wasn't the worst car i've ever had, thats probably a toss up between a Beige 1.1 Peugeot 309XE or a Rover 416Si :eek:

Mk 2 Ph 2 1.2 16v
sepi said:
Adam C, have you moded you dynamique??? cos it seems to have nice side skirts, a nice sporty front bumper and a spoiler. or are these all standered on the dynamique???

Yes mate, have added side skirts, front splitter, new grill, spoiler, etc.

looking very nice, not too much mods but just enough to give an edge. lol.

is the mods youve don affect the insurance too much??

Mk 2 Ph 2 1.2 16v
Thanks mate, keeping it subtle was the plan. It did push my insurance up a bit, but not too much. Sorry, just realised we've gone off the topic of the thread!

Coletti - have you picked up your car now? Like it?

thanks m8, appericate it. Looks like they come with thoese netoriouse green seats. Oh well if im spending 7K im sure another £30 quid on seat covres wont hurt. lol

Astra SRi T
they got digital fuel and temp gauges too, think i prefere the normal ones - id only get confused lol, thres not a great deal of diffrence, no doubt the sunroof will probably still creak constanlty

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
wxmlad said:
they got digital fuel and temp gauges too, think i prefere the normal ones - id only get confused lol, thres not a great deal of diffrence, no doubt the sunroof will probably still creak constanlty

my sunroof used to make loads of noise - i took it back under warranty and they fitted a "modification kit" - looks like a bit of plastic attached to the glass to me but it seems to have done the job :)

Astra SRi T
mines rattled and creaked since i had it, it out of warrenty now so i guess ill have to carry on ignoring it:rolleyes: , im just waiting for the roof to fall in lol

1.2 16v Dynamique
I've got an 01 1.2 16v Dynamique, and I love it! It is perhaps a little underpowered (had a go in my mates 182 and it scared me!) but certainly for a first car its more than adequate. Reaches 70+ quick enough, and it'll pull 110 on the motorway. Its a lot quicker than my mates 1.2 fiesta, so thats good enough for me!