ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats this do?

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
this pipe, it goes from the inlet manifold into the car!

just wondering what it does!

DSCN2178111.gif

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
Next question.
whats the bit do which is slightly more raised than the rocker cover.
all the bolts in mine dont have heads on and it leaks oil!

engine1.jpg

I recognise that engine :)

It's the oil strainer/breather. Worth noting your one will be different as my new lump (above) has an 830 strainer on it.

Cheers
M

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
well yours sits alot prouder than mine.

but i still have something similar and it leaks.

do u know what the vertical black box's are that sit below the headlights in the front bumper?

seen at the bottom here

DSC01715.gif

cheers for the help so far.

Shouldn't do, both 73X and 83X oil strainers are similar dimensions.

'Black Boxes' are Drivers Side: Charcoal Canister/Tank Breather, Passenger Side: Accoustic Valve.

Cheers
M

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
Shouldn't do, both 73X and 83X oil strainers are similar dimensions.

'Black Boxes' are Drivers Side: Charcoal Canister/Tank Breather, Passenger Side: Accoustic Valve.

Cheers
M

whats the charcoal canister/tank breather do?

i dont have an acoustic valve. apparently they are gay.

Acoustic valve is there to meet drive by noise regulations yet still provide some amount of induction noise when over 3000RPM or so. Fail to see how it can be arthur or marther in its sexual persuasion.......

Charcoal Cansiter stores fuel vapor from the tank and releases it at a controled rate into the inlet manifold to be burnt off. It is to meet the vented hydrocarbons part of Euro Emissions requirements.

Cheers
M

The pipe looks like the crankcase breather to me

Ohh just realised you can enlargen the image, Ok maybe thats where the servo vac goes been a while since i worked on theses engines!