ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's this panel called and is it removable?

FF 182
This one above rear passenger windows? The paint on mine is bubbling in places, looks crap and would like to sort it out.

clio_trophy_099.jpg

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
It can be removed and as far as I'm aware these are plastic.

Im unsure of how they come off tho.

FF 182
Good to know it can be removed, cheers, and yes it is definitely plastic.

Just need to know how to remove it now.

I think they slide backwards then lift off, maybe easier with the boot open. Sure someone will confirm.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Mine came off no problems, carefuly lever (old plastic ruler or a 'pry bone tool') on one side all they way along, rather than lifting one then pulling from one end then. They have little plastic clips that are very brittle so best to do it during summer when the clips and the bar is more flexible!

FF 182
Cheers all! Might wait till the warmer weather then and get it done, last thing i want is to snap the thing!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
aren't they metal? plastic doesn't bend like the ones I took off my phase 1 did

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Ahh interesting. Might have to do some enquiries then, cheers!

If the Renault ones are expensive, it might be worth checking if they are the same ones used by other manufacturers? I know on the Evo's, some of the trim clips are silly money from Mitsubishi (for what they are). Yet they are identical to the ones that Mazda use and are a fraction of the price. :)

Hopefully these ones aren't too bad though?

D.

Trophy
They are metal I bent my set getting them off as I too thought they were plastic! I had to get another set from Renparts and then have them sprayed.

They slide back a little then you have to ease them up without lifting the strip too high as it will crease. The plastic clips often get left on the car so pop them off and fit them to the strip first before refitting it. You also have to align the white clips with the pins on the roof before trying to clip it on.

Beats me why Renault made them metal!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
How much are the strips ? one of mine's got a pin dent in it :S

They are metal I bent my set getting them off as I too thought they were plastic! I had to get another set from Renparts and then have them sprayed.

They slide back a little then you have to ease them up without lifting the strip too high as it will crease. The plastic clips often get left on the car so pop them off and fit them to the strip first before refitting it. You also have to align the white clips with the pins on the roof before trying to clip it on.

That would explain cat171 problem then.

I was told that they was metal but wasnt sure, i have seen them on a car bent up at the end.

FF 182
Could of sworn the ones on mine are plastic. As i said in the op, the paint is bubbling, in 3 places, but no sign of rust, so maybe i just assumed they were plastic ^^

182cup & 172 racecar

Ah metal then, it was a long time ago. Sorry.

Clio mk2 ph2 1.2
Sorry to just jump on here new to Forum was wondering could someone describe to me how to remove steering column on mk2 clio I have steering wheel of and plastics off that cover the column thanks a lot :)

Sorry to just jump on here new to Forum was wondering could someone describe to me how to remove steering column on mk2 clio I have steering wheel of and plastics off that cover the column thanks a lot :)
Wrong section (and thread) dude, post up in the interior section.