ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's this?!?

306 Rallye
photo (12).JPG

Noticed this under the drivers engine mount on my 172 P2, but my 172 Cup doesn't have it...what is it and what's its purpose?

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
It's believed to be for engineer regulations in regards to vibration, it can be removed without issues (Requires removal of top engine mount to access the bolt)

Weights quite a bit for it's size.

306 Rallye
Thanks a lot! Looks like a big lump of heavy metal. My Cup doesn't have it and there seems to be no issue there. Think I'll remove it! Thanks again

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
If its not doing any harm there, I wouldn't bother going through the hassle of removing it

306 Rallye
I know but now it's in my head and its a big heavy lump....! Next time I'm spannering under the bonnet I may remove it!

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
If your car isn't stripped out to just 'bare with one seat' then your not going to notice any different what so ever by removing that.