ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats wrong with your car right now??

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Got the tracking double checked for next week, will need it redoing...again. guy I normally ask was off, should have waited.

Scenic:
Needs LPG adjusting on the computer cos it misfires its bag off under 2krpm
Decat pipe bangs on ARB
Needs new front calipers cos bleed nipples have snapped off
needs 1 new rear caliper as its seized and worn the pads to 0.1mm thickness
rust on sill where spats have been
rust on rear arches
I've just broken the drivers electric window regulator

Clio
currently has no interior
dent on nsr arch which is annoying me

E30
Has few bits of rust that need sorting
currently has no interior
needs new hood
would like a respray
The insurance is twice as much as my clio

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
My steering wheel need de-melting and one of the grips needs replacing! shame you cant buy them seperately!!

Black 182 FF
Bonnet and wing need painting due to stone chips and someone reversing into them, leaving the wing scratched a bit at the bottom.
Pre cat lamda needs replacing (just haven't had the weather).
Exhaust needs lining up better after fixing hangers and not being 100% anyway.

Tax and MOT due within the next month, so guess there will be more too.

A

akimbo-slice

Oil change
Oil filter change
Spark Plug change
Air filter change
Replacement coilovers fitted
Track rod end fitted
Tyres fitted
Tracking/geometry corrected
Damn good clean/polish
Custom rear springs
Front head light
Wiper blades
Screws to hold me splitter on
Some kind of epic interior clean
and finally an extra 200 bhp

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
172 needs both rear wheel bearings + discs and pads and abs rings.Heater module pack is goosed so the heating is on full power.Buckled alloy wheelSmashed foglight with smashed bulbNo sidelightsScuffed front and rear bumpersEngine mounts are shaggedAir con radiator thing is held up by cable ties as the holes for the bolts have worn away.Front brakes are 75% worn according to renault.Stop and the (!) Light flash randomly...Think that's about it, but on the plus side, all belts and dephaser were done less thank 1500 miles ago and its running prettyw sweet!

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
okay after the MOT...

o/s bottom ball joint needs replacing
o/s spring snapped at the top
o/s ABS ring nackered
o/s link bar to be replaced
both front shocks need replacing

Odd thing is, I crashed on the passenger side, have never touched the driver's side lol.
Plus my tax is due on 28th too, so expensive month!

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Where do I start, it looks like this at the moment....
6861489543_e7fc8b4a52.png

Last edited:
  Clio 182 inferno
When my lights are on, my rear fog light symbol lights up on the dash everytime i touch the brakes!
Not a major problem but annoying!

Steering pumps sounds like its on the way out too!

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
When my lights are on, my rear fog light symbol lights up on the dash everytime i touch the brakes!
Not a major problem but annoying!

Steering pumps sounds like its on the way out too!

Easy fix, take the clusters out and clean off the rust thats built up and make the connections tighter :) Simples.

172 Cup
The wheels on the cup are looking abit shabby but are due for a refurb next month :)

It needs a good detail & machine polish.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Windscreen washer level warning is always on and I'm not convinced the tyre pressure monitoring system works. I might not be resetting it correctly though so we'll not count that one, yet.

Twingo GT
whats right? xD!

alloy refurb, new wing, new front bumper, track rods, not sitting low enough, windscreen got crack in it:)
plus all the silly little things

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I dont know for certain tbh. When the car is ticking over i can hear a whirring noise which changes pitch when i move the steering wheel
Sounds normal, unless it sounds like its grinding bolts or something!!

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
having smugly looked at this yesterday thinking nothing! today my steering rack is making a crunch/squeal on full lock and feels like it is skidding from the drivers side :(

Clio 182 inferno
Sounds normal, unless it sounds like its grinding bolts or something!!

No its just whirring, similar to how the new mini sounds.

It might be ok, could do with listening to someone elses rs i think but i cant remember noticing it before

172, Focus
No its just whirring, similar to how the new mini sounds.

It might be ok, could do with listening to someone elses rs i think but i cant remember noticing it before

I had my PAS pump replaced when i had the cam and / aux belt done couple of months back and the water pump and pulleys and tensioners etc. Thing still whirrs, quietens down after a while. I replaced the PAS pump for excessive play and the fact it was starting to leak, every 172/182 I've ever heard whirrs!

As for my 172 I do need to sort my Rear Axle bushes at some point.

Just checked my car pre MOT, the number plate light unit has got a pin snapped in it, so new light unit and wiring is required, typical.