ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's your idea of a good mod/theme.

Sunflower Ph1 172
Hving had a compltely stripped out (one seat) tin can, a slammed VAG, a standard 172 and now a lightly modified 172 I think they best theme/mod to go for is OEM styling, very neat and tidy with nice wheels and coilovers. if it's something nippy, then an exhaust is Ok in my books. Like some pople have said, a standard looking car with a good stance (not necessarily y0) will always look good.

PB Clio 172
I guess your car is your own and people will do what they think looks good. I am a little old school in the fact I still have 17"'s on my clio they were there when I brought it but not to everyones taste I like the look. Slightly bigger wheels on a small car is the look I like ! Just waiting for all the '17's are s**t now' :rolleyes:

Subtler the better for me. OEM+, but with mods focused on improving performance. First car isn't mine, second is.

Standard;

View attachment 69549

Mine (what I call OEM+)

View attachment 69550

The fact its track is wider, lower, handles better, stops 10x better, and will soon hopefully 'go' significantly better, doesn't mean it needs to look 10x worse or 10x different. I can't understand significant changes to bodywork, lexus lights, 'smoothing' etc. If you don't like the look of something in the first place, why buy it. Plenty of other options out there....

But hay, each to their own. I suspect i'll be branded boring for my lack of individuality above, but I don't really mind as I'm the one who sits in it.

This

2001 Clio dynamique
I'm just getting the "look" started on my blue 1.2 16v Clio. I've recently added a black bonnet and I'm getting my roof sprayed black next month along with a 60mm drop. Tbh customising your car whatever make/model it is , is a matter of taste and personal choice!!! :)

Listerine & Poledo
Why do people spray their roofs and bonnets black?

It's not fooling anyone into thinking it's carbon.

looks more like a shoddy reapir that hasn't been resprayed yet.

May as well just spray them in red oxide

clio 172 cup 2003
got drunk while on holiday and started on the car bad idea lol IMAG0145.jpgIMAG0133.jpgIMAG0143.jpgIMAG0137.jpg

Titanium 182
Black and yellow, black and yellow, black and yellow
Like rob_sri, well not much yellow aside from calipers but yer, this

clio 172 cup 2003
thank you are you taking the pee  i like em just got to change my clock to blue had the the wrong bulbs at the time

Two tone colour schemes go really well in my opinion, as long as you don't go completely daft. For example a lot of the black or white Clios on the site look great with any colour scheme, my favourite is the black Clio with white highlights; bullets, badges, wheels and sometimes mirror covers. So sort of OEM++ in my opinion. :)

renault clio 2.0 172
lowering makes any car look and handle so much better, should be the first mod you do to your car, also love euro theme