ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats your mileage and hows it driving

133/225/CLS AMG

Just wondered what mileage your 172/182s are on and how do they feel to drive??

Just wondering if they get better with age or not?

172-37k and falling appart, was getting quicker, had a 182 that couldnt keep up the other week, was a newish one so hardly surprising.

Lionel Richie

Yozzas cup 80000miles, 3rd gearbox, 2nd engine

yes they do get quicker with age, but blow up eventually!!! LOL

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

35k, still going strong (which is pretty amazing really, considering the way it gets driven) :devilish:

CTR

05, 2.5k - still noticeably slower than the one I test drove that had about 14k on the clock, but still quick enough to scare Mr Salesman in his Passat!

52 plate/172/ 33,579mile.
interior is starting to buzz a bit now,especially the pasenger seat headrest!
gets faster everytime i drive it altho i am used to it and i do crave more power(janspeed decat ,viper and magnex fitted,chip soon)

:cool:

133/225/CLS AMG

Sounds like a 50/50 split that they either last very well or they break badly!!

Ive got a 172 on 13,500 miles and its feel pretty much as good as ever.

I get the impression though that it wouldnt stand up well to being heavily used.

Mercedes C200,Clio R.I.P.

my mileage was 23000 last time i seen it

[Edited by Doyle on 08 July 2005 at 1:50pm]

and it ewas running like a fish tank....sh!te

Weeman sucks ****

48,000 and drives superb. Noticably loosened up after about 40k. Only problem Ive had is a knackered clutch cable and a replacement alternator tensioner bolt.

*touches wood*

Megane225FF

02 172 / 37k / still goes like fk !

I think its rattling on the inside, but cant hear it for the exhaust....

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220

05 plate 182 Cup - 2500 miles. Seems to be getting a little quicker but slower than blink172s 172 and a lot slower than the full fat 182 I test drove.
It does rattle a lot now though and the engine makes a funny noise when the A/C is on.

16 month old 172, just passed 12k miles...

Seems to running a bit freer in the past couple of thousand miles.
Might be my imagination/driving style, but economy seems to have improved slightly too.
Interior - especially dashboard behing h/u and passenger door trim - rattling like fook though! (apex springs anyone?)

I expect the car to last OK mechanically (fingers crossed) but now so confident about the interior!

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 08 July 2005
Yozzas cup 80000miles, 3rd gearbox, 2nd engineyes they do get quicker with age, but blow up eventually!!! LOL

30,000 they open up.

and open up again at about 50,000 in my experience with mine.

my lump blew up about 4 weeks ago, it lasted loads of trackdays, and lots of hard miles.

/y0z

Was on 8400 when I got it 7 weeks ago. Now on 11k and added a ITG panel filter and it feels better still. Seems to be improving over time, I covered 400 miles around South Wales last weekend going "reasonably fast" ;) and ever since its been noticeably more responsive.

Only got it for 3 years and Im aiming for a good 50k before I have to trade it in for a sensible family car.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

182 March 04

5800 miles

I cant tell just from driving if its slightly faster or not,some days it feels faster than others :confused:

No problems at all and probably one of the best cars ive owned for lack of problems:eek:

Still lovin it :cool:

hi, from experience, wot sort of major things wear out thru general driving and how long do they last i.e. clutchs...

ps 53 plate, on 29k miles, seems as fast as it was from day one..