ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats your top speed and acceleration

Renault Clio 1.2
I've only got a 1.2, and to me it feels quite nippy. What do other people think of theres. And whats the top speed you can get out of it.

also, any 0-60 times, i've yet to do one, but give me a week or so.

any comments welcome.

(please tell me how fast any car is, even if you have a 172, 182 valver, it doesnt matter).

None
115 on the clock on my old one. Could prob get more out of it tho but I bottled out. My rsi however does 130 on the flat so prob could hit 140 down hill

Da

Less
My 182's been to 120 but that was on the clock, not verified. I had my old 1.2 Clio to 120, again on the clock not verified.

BMW M135i
Got a 172 its pretty quick in the general scale of most cars you see on the road but in terms of "fast" cars its pretty damn slow tbh, and believe me a 1.2 may feel quick to you now but wait until you drive something with some power and oh how quick you'll change that opinion.

Had my old 1.6 timed at 9 to 60 and it did about 125 flat out (speedo).

113 top end (slight hill help but that GPS speedo about 125) otherwsie about 105 (ggps speed as indicated its about 110) would be the limit.

13.7 or so to 60.

clio 172 cup
in me cup had 120mph out of it slowed down so the passet tdi nd saxo vts i was racing could catch up lol

I've seen 140 on the clock in the vee, so in reality probs about 130 ??
I backed off at 140.
Top end is 146 apparently, so god knows what that would be on the clock.

I did get 150 on the clock in my old fiat coupe 20vt though, again I backed off, it still had loads more to go.

All of the above done on private roads, none on public roads.

Honda Civic Type R
is it just me or does everyone say "it feels quite nippy" about their 1.2's. regardless of what car it is, i've heard this phrase so many times. a bloke at work told me his punto 1.2 was "not fast but pretty nippy".

what does that actually mean?

oh and people with clio 1.2's please stop thinking your car is capable of out pacing, out handling, or out anything my car.i get more of them up my arse wanting to race than any other car (including the more realistic 172/182 - at least thay'd have a chance)

p.s this isn't a personal attack on anyone in particular but surely i'm not the only one who's been told their car is "quite nippy". this must be the most overused phrase ever. every car nowadays is nippy, whatever that means

ur megane r26
i cant understand how you can get 120 on a 1.2 16v clio, i got a mark 2 phase 2 1.2 clio n struggle to get to 100 it takes ages? and is shakin fairly bad

Peugeot 306 HDi
oh and people with clio 1.2's please stop thinking your car is capable of out pacing, out handling, or out anything my car.i get more of them up my arse wanting to race than any other car (including the more realistic 172/182 - at least thay'd have a chance)

Ours outdo yours for economy :rasp: :D

I find mine fast enough for the moment, but I don't try racing people. Can't see the point.

clio 172 cup
is it just me or does everyone say "it feels quite nippy" about their 1.2's. regardless of what car it is, i've heard this phrase so many times. a bloke at work told me his punto 1.2 was "not fast but pretty nippy".

p.s this isn't a personal attack on anyone in particular but surely i'm not the only one who's been told their car is "quite nippy". this must be the most overused phrase ever. every car nowadays is nippy, whatever that means

they would have more than a chance a 182 is as quick as a type-r anyway..
ppl think there car is nippy because they more than likely havent drove anything faster i said it with me corsa sxi then me pug 206, when people rate cars it should be 0-100 not 0-60

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
They will show 120 on the clock if you have a long enough steep downhill stretch to be fair, done that in the wifes old 51 plate 1.2 16v dynamique, was showing 112 mph on the Tom Tom buy speedo was ON A MISSION at 120 odd , but its not a realistic situation lets be honest folks. they do what they are designed to do cheap and cheerful motoring at its best, lots of toys and cheap insurance.

Quite simply really. You think 1.2s are going to be a dog, but when you actually get in some, they actually surprise you and have a bit more poke than you'd expect them to. So they do seem "quite nippy".

Quite simply really. You think 1.2s are going to be a dog, but when you actually get in some, they actually surprise you and have a bit more poke than you'd expect them to. So they do seem "quite nippy".
Why I was 12 I had a go in a tractor, I thought it was well quick but I'd never driven anything before. Then my first car, a 1.1 fiesta popular felt even quicker. Again nothing to compare to other than a tractor.

I would be willing to put money on it that OP's car is his first car and hes 17/18. If hes a 35 year old father of 2 who's just downsized from a Audi RS4 I would be very surprised.

Leon Cupra R 225
flol at 120 out of a 1.2, they're geared for 110 gps reading aswell. my 1.2 never went much over 90, because I tended to avoid the fast lane in it as it was gutless, stick to your proper lanes people!!

Mk2 V6
Seen the 155 limit a few times on mine. f**k knows what the 0-60 time is, but add about 2 seconds for my total lack of ability.

Trophy 007
i've had 135 out of my 182 on an airfield, and still had a few revs to go, i think it'd hit 150, with higher rev limit by a few hundred. had just under 120 with my old 1.4RT, pretty peppy lil motor that even having driven the 182, cracking motors both of em

pug 106 rallye S2
saw 130 on my speedo on a private road, obviously, 172ff was still pulling with us two up in it... falt great...
been to 155 in a ferrari 360 a few years back now that felt fast!
especially as i had only just met the guy driving it.
my dad's old shape megane felt quick till i drove my 172..
hopefuuly my older sisters husband is getting a caterham soon now that will be fun!

Shed.
had 115 on the clock. Obviously its 106 gps i think.

12 secs to 60 (not presicice)

Slow as s**t. But enough to get you into trouble. And yes i do know how to drive.

One thing that some are forgetting in this thread is that the speedo fig isn't actually the speed your going at !! Most over read by about 10%

Only gps figs are accurate.

MCS R56
So much b-s on this thread.

As for the phrase "quite nippy", this is used by people who have slow cars but really want it to be faster. It's not fast and it's not clever.

People who think they can get 150 out of their sports are jokers. And the 0-60's...

"my 1.2 never went much over 90, because I tended to avoid the fast lane in it as it was gutless, stick to your proper lanes people!!" Not sure that's the purpose of motorways. Are you saying anyone that doesn't have a 200bhp car, for example can't use the outside lane?

MINI Cooper S
Got a 172 its pretty quick in the general scale of most cars you see on the road but in terms of "fast" cars its pretty damn slow tbh, and believe me a 1.2 may feel quick to you now but wait until you drive something with some power and oh how quick you'll change that opinion.

Had my old 1.6 timed at 9 to 60 and it did about 125 flat out (speedo).

Agreed mate! My 1.2 felt pretty nippy until i drove a Cooper S at work and now my clio just isnt the same :dapprove: