ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel Bearing replacement help

clio 1.2 rl paris 1997
Car is a 97 1.2RL Paris.
OSF Wheel Bearing has gone I think - metal grating noise that started when travelling on motorway at 70mph, now becoming noticeable at lower speeds once I have travelled more than a couple of miles or so. I jacked the car up, tested for play in the wheel and none was apparent. I rotated the wheel and there was no rough feel. Took the wheel off and no particular grating noises when turning the disc. Plenty of meat on disc and pads, no sign of disc blueing through pads sticking.
If I take hub off and remove the bearing, can this be done with a bearing puller? To replace, can you fit a new one by tapping in with an appropriate size socket fitting over the outer race (as with say, a motorbike wheel bearing)? Or will it take a proper press to do the job?
Does anyone have the torque setting for the driveshaft nut? As a nyloc nut, can it be reused or is it best to replace?
Thanks for your help.

Way i've learnt to check for bearings is. spin the wheel and hold the shock. You should feel it not being smooth.
The amount of wheel bearings on clios I've done none have had play that I can feel by shaking it

Megane dci 130
You will never tap the bearing in without fooking it. You will need to grind the outer race off the hub too because 99% of the time they stick there.