ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheel cleaner

182 ff with cup pack's
as above had ma track pads on and they give off a lot of brake dust witch gets baked on from the heat of the brakes, what do u recommend to get it off?

LY 182 FF CUPPED
once cleaned ...get a coat of AG SRP and a few coats of AG EGP ..this will make further cleaning a lot easier.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Fairy power spray . But if it's really baked on , as stuck in the paint you'll need to clay the wheels even then you might not get it all off .

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Brick acid from B&Q. Only use it once though, its proper strong.

Today i cleaned a car with 60,000 miles of brake dust and it pissed it right off. (lady owner, never EVER cleaned it from new)

Make sure you polish the metal afterwards though.

106 GTi
Autoglym Clean wheels is worth a look.

Ditto the AG SRP and EGP after soap and water and maybe some Megs APC will all that you should need if they are sealed well.

Shed.
As above.

Wheel Brightener is ment to be corrosive as f**k though. 30 seconds for application then off with it lol.

Coat of srp, and then egp or another sealant would be a good idea though. Poorboys wheel sealant might be worth a look.

Mito Sportiva 135
I use either Megs Wheel Brightener or Chemical Guys Blue Wheel Cleaner and both work well and don't corrode as long as you rinse off well and don't leave on for too long.

A well built VW
Im waiting for some Menzerna stuff from a guy on ebay that i think comes on here too.. see how that compares to the Megs wheel brightener which i never had any problems with had it well diluted tho

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
With the Megs wheel brightner i assume you dilute it and if so what part mixture do you use?

Also how long is long enough to apply? Im thinking a good spray over, agitate with the swissvax wheel brush and then rinse? Then srp and egp to finish? Im hoping this removes the brake dust as its bugging me now.