ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel nut torque

Clio v6

Might be wrong forum, but is there a standard torque setting for Clio wheel nuts? Would a v6 be any different?

How can you tell if the nuts are tightened enough or too much without a proper wrench?

Valver

I was always told it was best to just use yer standard wheel brace and go as tight as you could with that.

190 BHP Willy 2

Id advise you not to tighten them up as tight as you can go. Definately a good way about looking for trouble.

Will go find it in a few mins for you. Ive got it in a book upstairs.

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Recently had my wheels balanced and asked the monkey to tighten by hand.

He then used a torque wrench which he said alloys should be 80newtons...i think thats what he called them.....but it was definately 80 something.

Never heard my wheel nuts torque. Maybe whispered after Ive had a few beers.

Sure youre on the right tablets?

For a normal Clio they should be set to 90nm - unless your a Renault dealer like Renault Edinburgh who tighten them to over 250nm, but then I never did expect them to be capable of putting a wheel on properly!

Ive always just tightened them by hand as much as i could, then give them a bit more of a turn by standing on the wrench. Never had a problem, and the nuts come off the same as putting them on.

I wouldnt worry about over tightening it unless ur using an air gun, its unlikely to happen using human force - unless ur Popeye :)