ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel offsets again.............

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
Hey friends,

Soz this subject is covered on many other threads but I must be bit thick.

Does anyone know the offset for Ph1 172 The wheel has 7J x 15-4 h2 43 stamped on the inside does this mean they are ET 43?

Also what is the standard offset for a set of Trophy wheels? There seems to be a difference between the K-Tec ones and those from Renault?

So... From what I gather the smaller the offset? What is the most a ph1 172 will take without rubbing?

Any advice is really appreciated.

Cheers.

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
If anyone could give a quick summary of this it would be appreciated?

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
ya mk1 rs ET43. depending on your ride height/alloy size for any rubbing. trophy is ET45. i would only go as low as ET36 (valver/willy alloy offset, also in 15"x7"). or ET45 in 16" (trophy).

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
some have mk2 rims (ET48.5) but depends on how low you drop it, meant to say i prob wouldnt want higher than ET45.

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
Cheers Haitch,

Does that mean that a set of trophy's on a ph1 172 would be further in? ie not as wide a track?

So if valver/willy rims are ET36 and ph1 172 rims are ET43, could you just buy 7mm spacers to correct the offset?

Would that be bad and put strain on your wheel bolts / suspension??

Ta :)

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
Yeah, they should be fine. I've just but eibach 5mm spacers on my 172 ithout a problem

1.6 focus zetec....
So if valver/willy rims are ET36 and ph1 172 rims are ET43, could you just buy 7mm spacers to correct the offset?

ET36 means its further out so if you put spacers on it moves it out even more....its kinda backwards!! If you put spacer on an ET45 (say 5mm spacers) it'll make it an ET40...

Kiza

ET36 means its further out so if you put spacers on it moves it out even more....its kinda backwards!! If you put spacer on an ET45 (say 5mm spacers) it'll make it an ET40...

Kiza
exactly - so if I got some ET43 172 rims for my valver then added 7mm spacers, they would end up the same ET36 offset as my original wheels??

Think that's right... lol

Thanks for the replies all :)