ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel refurb

£60 quid a wheel is sod all.

Jack up car
Remove all wheels
Remove tyres
Remove weights
Remove valves
Strip wheels
Inspect for damage
Bake wheels to degas them
Powdercoat wheels to an even finish
Clearcoat wheels to an even finish
Bake
Refit tyres with new valves
Balance wheels
Refit to car

Would you wanna do all that for only £60 per wheel?

If you’re good at something, never do it for free.
Yeah I think it's pretty reasonable

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
I have just had mine delivered today at £150 for 4 15inch 2118'S in gloss black powder coated.
20190802_163658.jpg

I'm Senior BMW panel technician in an approved BMW bodyshop. If powder coating is good enough for BMW wheels then its good enough for me.
The company we use is in Scarborough called Rader. They have bought a fancy machine that the wheels go around automated through acid dipping, blasting, cleaning, priming, baking, colourcoat, baking and out completed in 1 hour. They come out with a perfect finish, no dry spots no runs no bits of s**t In them.
Only thing to look out for it coatings on the mating surfaces with the brake disk. If they are not clean they act as in insulator and the heat cannot disperse from the brakes through the alloys and it's been known to warp disks.
I would choose powder over paint every time, plus it's better for the green peace guys lol

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Those superleggeras look so nice Ben, makes me want anthracite on my flamer eventhough silver more suits, might go for a sparkly flake?

These are BMW sparkling graphite grey matey, lovely flake in the sun. I have a set of Williams wheels in same colour which shows off the flake even better as the spokes are wider and flatter so can see more paint!

dan's cast offs.
i've seen plenty that city have done, for £20 per wheel you can't go wrong. even if you have to send them to them still works out cheap!!!