ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel sealing / waxing?

FOCUS ST 275
Right im in the process of refurbing my alloys.

Should i do anything to help protect them after i laquer, like some sort of polish or wax?

Cheers Eryl.

autogylm super resin polish and extra gloss id say.... although maybe for wheels youd need something bit more resilient as brake dust is nasty stuff.

106 GTi
Ditto on the AG SRP and EGP, get a few coats of the later on.

Then maintain with the Poorboys Wheel Sealant :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I rate Collinites. Over Autoglym SRP and EPG. Mint combo

FOCUS ST 275
Well your old turinis are still in tip top condition Gaz!

Refurbing the old 182 alloys in pearlescent black to see what they look like.

So far so bad i have to admit.
I sanded down, primed the wheel, then started on the spray paint.
What a c**t it is to get the paint on the wheels, the spokes are a right pisstake to get some paint on, did a wet sand down and there was sweet fa paint on the side of the spokes.

Think ill get a fair few cans of the stuff to finish the job.

Just foun some SRP in some autoglym pack i have.
Will pick up some EPG ( what does it do exactly??)

And this Poorboys Sealent? what is it, how do you apply?
how often?

Im thinking black wheels will require some seriously black tyres also, any recomendations on balcking-up the tyres?
Got some AG tyre spray which worked for about 1 day.

106 GTi
SRP - Polishes and Cleans
EGP- Seals and Protects

The Poorboys Wheel Sealant does the same as the EGP but is easier to apply to you can throw a quick coat after a wash etc. Apply it with a foam pad, remove with a microfiber cloth.

Tyres - Blackfire Gel.

FOCUS ST 275
The rim is tyreless ATM, in the porch for the Spraying.

Problem is as im painting black ( doing it after work from 7:30pm) its hard to see if im putting enough on it.
Perhaps a white undercoat would have been better than grey!

The metalic black does look nice in the sun tho.
Just doing one wheel to see how it works out.
Hope they dont f**k the paint up whilst re-fitting the tyre !

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Well your old turinis are still in tip top condition Gaz!

Refurbing the old 182 alloys in pearlescent black to see what they look like.

So far so bad i have to admit.
I sanded down, primed the wheel, then started on the spray paint.
What a c**t it is to get the paint on the wheels, the spokes are a right pisstake to get some paint on, did a wet sand down and there was sweet fa paint on the side of the spokes.

Think ill get a fair few cans of the stuff to finish the job.

Just foun some SRP in some autoglym pack i have.
Will pick up some EPG ( what does it do exactly??)

And this Poorboys Sealent? what is it, how do you apply?
how often?

Im thinking black wheels will require some seriously black tyres also, any recomendations on balcking-up the tyres?
Got some AG tyre spray which worked for about 1 day.

Nice one :). I did this as also a month or two a go

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=316280&highlight=alloy+wheel+refurb

Little tip i found, spray the inside of the alloy if needed first, then do the outside fisnished spokes, saves f**king about lol!!!

FOCUS ST 275
Yeah after spraying the outside, i kinda thought s**t should have done the inside first.

ah well you live and learn so they say

This one is only a test anyhow.
Did a wet 1200 sand today and the frikin paint all came off one one part DOH!! Even tho i used a whole can on 1 wheel!!!

Finished putting a bit more on tonight, Inside tomorrow. then laquer and tyre back on (really dreading this tho, will the paint just come off?????)

Need to find a decent tyre fitter so they dont do any damage!!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^ You wet sanded the paint ? You don't need to wet sand the colour coat , only if you have some runs or imperfections . Just lacquer over the colour coat .

FOCUS ST 275
^^^ You wet sanded the paint ? You don't need to wet sand the colour coat , only if you have some runs or imperfections . Just lacquer over the colour coat .

Yes i had 2 of these, hence the wet sanding.
The spray can dribbled some spots onto the spoke.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Lol. Don't bother with EGP or SRP...

If it's fresh out the powercoaters...Just hit it with a coat or two of PB wheel seal. Mine look and are as eash to wah now as they were 6months ago.

Extra effort for no reason imo...

For FCS, i will be polishing them, but you shouldn't need to.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa

Yes i had 2 of these, hence the wet sanding.
The spray can dribbled some spots onto the spoke.

Try one of these . It helps get a more even finish and less spitting of the paint from the aerosol .

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...151&storeId=10001&partNumber=727933&langId=-1