ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel spacer removal issues

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
So my latest AG 200 has had wheels spacers fitted by one of its previous owners. I need to remove them as I have bought aftermarket wheels and have got a stud and nut conversion kit so they are surplus to requirements. They are the type that are bolted to the hubs them the wheels bolt onto the spacers.

Getting the wheel off was easy but I could not for the life of me get the 17mm bolts holding the spacers onto the hub off. I used a small breaker bar and my battery impact gun but neither would budge. The last thing I wanna do is round the bolts off and be totally stuffed.

I could just take it to a garage for them to try but I'd like to try as much as possible of my own before I go down that route. Is there any way to spray release oil onto the threaded part of the bolt? (Obviously without getting the spray onto the discs).

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
They are usually low profile heads so will round. I’ve been there! Ended up chewing it to pieces so got a bolt removal socket on it with an 18v Milwaukee. I’d try lots of heat if you still have intact bolts.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Its a 400Nm 18V gun so I'd have thought they would have came off. Maybe I should just try with the gun on for longer. The problem I found with the breaker bar was that I felt as though they were definitely on their way to rounding.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Bigger bar.

This.

And if they do start to round, get some of these, they're bloody brilliant and got me out of some sticking situations before!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I've got that one it's useless for anything corroded tight I'm afraid.

Hex shape socket, blow torch and a bigger bar.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
20200229_150152.jpg

Bigger gun was the solution