ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheel spacers

Range Rover sport
anyone know where to get any wheel spacers for the mark 2 phase 2?

purchased some 10mm ones a few weeks ago with bolts but they dont fit.

Italian 3.2 V6
I'm thinking of getting a set of 10mm (front) and a set of 5mm (rear) will I need extended bolts for these or would my standard ones be enough?

Cheers.

nice one mate!
what you thing i should go for 10mm or 15mm?
15 - I have 25mm on mine.

I'm thinking of getting a set of 10mm (front) and a set of 5mm (rear) will I need extended bolts for these or would my standard ones be enough?

Cheers.
You'll get away with the 5mm ones with standard bolts, but need longer ones/hubcentric spacers for 10mm.

Italian 3.2 V6
Don't worry, hubcentric all the way! And thanks m8, might just but 5mm ones all round tbh, have the "cup " track width :) LOL.

Red 197
This might sould stupid, but are these safe.
I have a mk2 1.2 with 172 wheels and they look too far into the arches.
Are these the thing i need?
And which would you guys recomend?

Cheers

G51 BEN
any pics of different sizes? are these really as easy to fit as taking the wheel off, putting the spacer behind the wheel and bolting it back on with the supplied extended bolts?

any pics of different sizes? are these really as easy to fit as taking the wheel off, putting the spacer behind the wheel and bolting it back on with the supplied extended bolts?
You'll want the ones that bolt to the hub really, so you take the wheel off, bolt them to the hub and then bolt the wheel back onto the spacer.

G51 BEN
welll yeah... just making sure theres nothing else to it than that. and are they the hubcentric ones that are simple?

may get some... just no idea what size really!

Yeah. Make sure that, if you do get some, they state that they bolt to the hub. I'd only advise getting them if there's a really noticable gap that needs filling in the arches.

G51 BEN
id just like to give it a wider stance so it fills the arches a bit more. got some yourself? pics?

Ph1
Hubcentric spaces start from over 5mm. - 5mm or under are non hubcentric. (not thick enough to need to be hubcentric)

IMO best offset for a Clio is Cup offsets of et38.

Not sure about the other Clio's but on a ph1 172 running stock rims, (et43) 5mm spacer is perfect and brings it up to Cup spec.

Improved handling in corners due to a bigger (wider) footprint.

G51 BEN
what size did you get and how much did you pay? pics would be good ta. thinking of getting them when i get paid on friday

Ph1
Not really, I think they're more for looks on cars like Clios.

I have pics but no 'before' shots, they do make a hell of a difference though!

From ph1 to Cup belive me theres a massive difference lol Far less understeer and more in corner grip IMO

From ph1 to Cup belive me theres a massive difference lol Far less understeer and more in corner grip IMO
Ahh right! Tbh I don't know why I wrote that, I could feel that the tracking was wider as soon as I fitted them and drove it, not too much difference but I could tell it was there :)

G51 BEN
hmm i dont know if id need 25mm. doesnt it look a bit TOO much? what model is your clio?
i take it you bought 4 altogether? or did you just buy a pair?
pics would be great jamie

Not too much on mine mate, it's just right. I have a Clio 1.2, just got the two for the fronts and left the rears as they are;

101_0471.jpg

SDC11489.jpg

SDC11490.jpg

'Before' was shocking tbh!