ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheels and sizes once and for all

ive searched as much as i can ,but i just gota know for sure,
how much drop is it to have the tops of ur tyres just in your arches,on 15's and 16's on a 1.2 mk1,car needs to be useable on speedbumps as im a delivery driver,wud 16's go on fine with no probs, with 195/40 profiles with enough drop to just have the tyres in the arches or will it be probs?
or its 15" and how much drop,id prefer the slighlyey bigger tho,
please help as i finaly want to get it sorted,thanks all

CS Dungeon
with 16" wheels and 40 profile tyres on your 1.2 I would say that you would need a -50mm drop to sit the tyre inside the arch

On 15's I would say a drop of -55mm will be sufficient

But it does not matter really as once you have wheels and tyres fitted you can just adjust the torsion bar to suit.

hope this helps

thanks mate,will it still be useable on bumps you think?do they make 50m springs as wont be able to afford more,im gona post my wheel choices on here later
thanks

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
go as low as you can i went 50 front and right down at the back on my mk1 its easy to do arch work on one of them

CS Dungeon
Yeah, i'm 99% sure you will be able to get -50mm springs for your car

I'm sure you can go much more then -40mm in your 1.2, they were probably on about valvers which are lower to start with.

Here is mine on 15's and lowered approx -60mm at the rear

DSC01758.gif

Last edited:
yeah although looks very nice mate,i need to be able to clear humps ok and the tops of the tyres need to be in,just dont want a gap

Meg on pistonheads £6995
my 17's and 40mm drop hate speed humps

standard 15s and standard springs - 50 possible

17s and 40mm, 25 max!