ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheels and tyres

I ordered a set of wheels and tyre's for my 182 but instead of 205/45 R16 83V they sent 195/50 R15 82V . My car will never be on a track just used as a daily drive so would this size ok . Are there any benefits or negatives in doing this . Sorry to be a numptey on this but have never changed wheels and tyre's to a different size before . They also want me to lose £200 if i send them back as the wheel only comes in 15in and i should have noticed .

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
They will be fine. Either 195 or 205 section were OE fitment on Mk2's. Most people tend to run 205 but 195 will be fine.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
195/50/R15 is the normal tyre size for a 15 x 7J wheel.

If you ordered a set of 15 inch wheels, this is the tyre size i'd expect to receive.

I'd say there are more benefits from running on 15's than sticking to 16 inch anyway. Both on the road and track.

When i ordered them i asked for the same size that's on the car OE spec . I will keep them . Thanks for the help .

phase 1 flamer 172
I wonder if it may be necessary to inform insurance company. it is a modification.

How much are the 195/50/15s compared to the 205/45/16s on their website?

The former is a cheap size to buy when compared to many other sizes, so make sure you haven't paid £100 a corner for 16s but got sent 15" tyres worth £60 each.

Also important is what make tyre they sent - if you ordered 16" Goodyear Eagles and got sent 15" Linglong ditchfinders, they are not the same...

Stick with the 15's, you may need to get a set of lowering springs though as it will have the monster truck look with big arch gaps.

Putting on new shocks and springs OE shocks and eibach springs which are 10mm lower . Have just put the shocks and springs together with new top mounts but the top mounts are lose on the springs any idea whats wrong or is that normal .