ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

When a Good day turns Bad! - Black Mountains Meet, Pic heavy..

C

clvs2222

sorry for only now posting but been busy with work and other things.

last sunday, i organised the black mountain run, which was open to all regions.

We first met at J47 M4, where the south wales boys met, the whole 8 of us! very disapointing turn out from us lot, few boys hung over, others who say they will turn up and always dont. anyway....

set off to meet the rest of the people attending, we met them on top of the A4069 (black mountain), very impressed with the guys who showed up, mostly from the SW.

Took a few pix, in the pissing down rain! came out ok though, garry decided that it was a good idea (which the weather wasnt that bad) that we would have a good blast down and back up the mountain, all i can say is schweppy had brown in his pants, lol.

heres the pix

DSC_0538.jpg

DSC_0545.jpg

DSC_0547.jpg

DSC_0548.jpg

DSC_0549.jpg

DSC_0550.jpg

DSC_0551.jpg

DSC_0552.jpg

DSC_0553.jpg

DSC_0554.jpg

More to follow.........

lol nice bunch of pics, still can't get over how good white speedline 2118s look on a black sport!

What you mean by good half..... lol

C

clvs2222

We then headed though the twisty lanes through to Llandovery, where we parked up behind the pub, got a few snaps and got out of the rain, into the pub.

DSC_0557.jpg

DSC_0558.jpg

DSC_0559.jpg

DSC_0560.jpg

DSC_0561.jpg

DSC_0562.jpg

DSC_0563.jpg

More to follow.........

C

clvs2222

when we were in the pub, iwas informed that one of the boys from bristol had left his mobile phone in crickhowel, which is where they stayed the nite before, so we said our good byes there and we went our own ways, us lot (south wales) decided to head back home through the mountain route that was planned for everyone.

took a few snaps of the sceneory...

DSC_0571.jpg

DSC_0573.jpg

DSC_0577.jpg

DSC_0584.jpg

DSC_0587.jpg

DSC_0598.jpg

^^ and that slight error of judgment, ended up with a call to the recovery people

DSC_0600.jpg

The car is now in the workshop wanting a new engine, after snapping the conrod and bending the pistons.

The green clio, managed to break his rear suspension

and the yellow 197 scuffed an alloy

Also mine, drunk 1 litre of oil and now needs a new clutch

all in all, a very expensive day for some, very enjoyable for others (Garry)

The plan is to wait untill next spring and arrange another big meet!

proton compact 1.3 GLi
Wow, thats a puddle and a half. I would have never gone though that, who went though it and slapped the brakes on in the clio?

How deep was it exactly?

didnt have an awful lots of choice as the fiesta in front (can just make out in the pic) died in the puddle.

was a gd day out!

172, Tiguan
Can we please refrain from uploading pics that big please guy's!!! They are rediculously big. And for god's sake stop quoting them!

Black 172
How did you manage to break your engine going through that, how fast were you going !!. Really surprised that the clio broke its rear suspension through going through that, must have been going some !. I would have been in first gear crawling through that, looks like a lake!!!!

172, Tiguan
Basically water gets in through the air filter/throttle body and doesn't compress, hence the bent conrods.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
They probably came over the crest at speed and saw it last minute. Standing on the anchors trying to stop.

C

clvs2222

soz about the size of the pics, wouldnt think it would be that much of a problem.

tbh im not happy with the pics, only had the camera (D40) a few weeks and still have hell of a lot to learn about it.

The clio didnt break i suspensino as a result of braking for the puddle, it somehow mounted a grass bank so iv been told, didnt see it though.

Clio 172 Cup
sorry to hear about your bad luck, i wasnt there as my car wouldnt start due to rotten wiring, but thb i wouldnt have gone in conditions that bad, asking for trouble unfortunatly

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
f**k me we got rained on!!

Was a good laugh though. :)

Look forward to a dry one!

Vauxhall Astra turbo
Glad i didn't come now lookin at those pics, the way i drive i'd av hit that puddle/LAKE at silly speeds:rasp:

Hope the bristol boys enjoyed, but just imagine what its like in the dry;);)

proton compact 1.3 GLi
still having porblems :( me and my dad are taking the front driverside apart 2 moz as ive had endless problems and it sounds expensive.

the rear suspention rattled itself loose a few washers seems to have solved the problem from what i can tell.

car is off the road till its all sorted :( not what i wanted just before christmas :(

"Navy" N17 TWO
Looks like a good meet - sorry to hear about the 2 cars getting sick, hope they're back soon

C

clvs2222

was indeed a good meet, as said, shame about the 2 problems. humans Vs nature FTL

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
Common prob on zetec s that, sucking water in to the engine and then bang! water doesnt combust. when i was a based at fords we used to see a fair amount come in for that very reason something to do with the fact the air intake is in the lower part of the inner wing ! oh well hope it gets sorted soon .

C

clvs2222

lol!

Any chance of the route you took? Wouldnt mind doing that road in the dry!

give me a shout when you fancy doign it and ill show you around the best roads (any chance to have a blast)