ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

When does a clio 182 2004 (54) plate become a classic car ??

Clio182
Hello lads,

not sure if I am posting this in the correct place but here we go.

so it’s that time of year insurance is due and it’s doubled + more compared to last year ?

so my question is when can I declare this 182 2004>>>> 54 plate as a classic ??

Does anyone know ?? not really keen paying my renewal quote.

Let me know your thoughts.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
You’ve got a good few years to go yet - I think it’s around 25 years until you can get proper classic car insurance.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
25 years old

Insurance companies are usually knobsacks that double your renewal in the hope you don't shop around and they then get extra money for nothing

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
yeah either phone them up or shop around i was surprised when i went to insure the skyline when i got it and they told me it was now a classic and its a 97😁😁

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

ClioSport Trader
  Renault 5
Hi.
We do have some future classic car schemes that can cater for insurance on these types of vehicles.
Regards,
Dan.

Clio182
Hello dan,
You’ve got a good few years to go yet - I think it’s around 25 years until you can get proper classic car insurance.

I remember someone saying that 15 years on certain cars are considered as antiques

Clio182
25 years old

Insurance companies are usually knobsacks that double your renewal in the hope you don't shop around and they then get extra money for nothing
So true , I live in London it’s got one of the highest uninsured drivers. Premiums just go up and up .

not to add I had a accident last year and this is probably the reason my insurance has gone up but more than double is that even normal ???

I could understand a few hundred pounds but in total it’s near enough up almost by £500

Clio182
yeah either phone them up or shop around i was surprised when i went to insure the skyline when i got it and they told me it was now a classic and its a 97😁😁
Yes defo will be shopping around the thing is I absolutely hate it. No ones going to beat my current insurer that has been the case for the last 4 years

Hollidog

ClioSport Club Member
If it's modified take a look at REIS insurance. £372/y for me, all mods declared, agreed value, 28, London.

Clio V6
Richard Eggar would not insure a V6 four years ago. "Don't do hatchbacks". Things may have changed. With Classicline now on agreed value.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
My Clio is now 15 years & 2 days old.

Personally think for anything to even be a modern classic it should be 20years and a real classic should be 30+ years.

IMG_0607.jpg

gavinf91

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9, Fiesta
over 15 years old and worth over 15k.. so never if it’s a s**t colour 🤭

Kenich.

ClioSport Club Member
  172 PH1
I was talking to an insurance broker about this on Monday. My 106 Rallye is on a classic policy ( 26yrs old / 3rd car / limited mileage) and I was interested if my Ph1 172 would be eligible (my standard insurance is cheap, I was just intrigued). It appears to be a grey area as providers have different opinions and offerings on what is a classic. They did advise in terms of insurance there are some cherished car and modern classic policies that would suit me, but generally they don't always necessarily offer a better discount than a standard policy.