ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

When someone opens a door into your car, whilst sitting in it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of interest, say I open my door and accidently put a dent in someones door. They jump out and say they want money. I refuse. What are their legal options? If there are no witnesses and it goes to insurance surely you can just deny it and say the dent must have already been there?

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Just out of interest, say I open my door and accidently put a dent in someones door. They jump out and say they want money. I refuse. What are their legal options? If there are no witnesses and it goes to insurance surely you can just deny it and say the dent must have already been there?

Pretty much.

Unless the car park has CCTV. Or your car door has left paint behind.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

It's at this point that someone pulls out a crook lock and beats the living daylights out of your body work.

Bike*
I would definatly brick their windscreenin then denied it!

Mate you had the perfect opportunity to confront him as you was lucky you was in the car!

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
It wouldn't bother me who it was. At the end of the day they hit your car and they should pay you some money.

Think if everybody did it..

Listerine & Poledo
In Spain it seems that your car isn't complete without 2 or more severe scuffs and bangs.

You dont see them trying to sue each other for it either.

Probably because they've got better things to do with their life. Like eat well, get some sun, fight some bulls.

Instead of eat Mc'D's, get some weed, fight some other chavs outside of Wetherspoons

Clio 182 Trophy #229
I would have got his details and made him pay for it, simple.
If he had been argumentative or aggressive when trying to get his details for the damage he had caused i would have waited until he went into McDonalds and kicked his door in (since you can't kick him in because he is so old) job done. Punishment to fit the crime.

Sunflower Ph1 172
TBH, in most cases where the damage is just a small scratch a simple apology would suffice. Sh*t happens.

If someone stepped on your foot in the street by accident would you drag them to the shop to buy you a new pair of shoes?

350z, Subaru Legacy
I think you learnt a lesson though; you don't park in Mcdonalds, even if you go through the drive-thru.

You park in the supermarket/garage next door to avoid:
1. Old people
2. Corsa driving C***s
3. Looking like you're friends with the Corsa driving C***s

Edit: Oh and I'm one of those that consistently parks across 2 bays - oh look no dings.

Clio 182 Trophy #229
It depends if it took a chunk out of them or not, or how much it was going to cost. Not everyone has money to throw at repairs or even fuel to drive the thing in my case.

Tango'd PB 1.2 16V
I know i should have said something. But i didn't. End of.
I didn't post the thread to have a war with a set of f**king keyboard warriors.
And as for those that said "Orr, i would have keyed his car, or i would have got out a bar and smashed his car in."
Would you f**k.
In a car park full of people, you're going to look like a bell-end regardless of whether you talk civilised or aggressively to an old pensioner.
Yeah, i could have shouted at him, or even shat on his car, but i wouldn't have got anywhere.
The fact i'm only young and was wearing joggers and a hoody probably went against me anyway, cause i'd have looked like some dole ridden scutter that just wanted money to feed my 27 children.
The bump strips need respraying anyway, so i'm not even that bothered. He hasn't scratched my door.
But like Bren said, you wouldn't make someone pay for new shoes if someone had stepped on your shoe by accident.
Grow up.

182, 6r GTi
i understand how you feel bud. i just received a letter from the council saying about me working on my own car and they have had a complaint, i know the prick thats reported me but hes like 60+ , if i confronted him hed probably die. tbh tho aslong as you dont get irate and go sphyco on him then you should have really said something to him.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I would have got his details and made him pay for it, simple.
If he had been argumentative or aggressive when trying to get his details for the damage he had caused i would have waited until he went into McDonalds and kicked his door in (since you can't kick him in because he is so old) job done. Punishment to fit the crime.

Made him pay for it? How, exactly?

Evo 5 RS
You really should of got out and had a go. Who cares if he was 75, imagine if you'd just had it de-dented the day before. The careless old prune just cost you ex amount by proving to you he shouldn't be allowed out. Worst case he gets himself worked up and has to punch himself in the chest a few times to stay afloat. At the end of the day he's damaged your property so make him pay for you to have it sorted, simple as that.

well this excat same thing happened to me i was in a s**t mood already saw red and opened my door and slamed it into his car h was polish words where said im not sure excatly wa he said then i saw him go in mcdonalds and talk to a few other people his friends i take it one was hugee so i left o well

I know i should have said something. But i didn't. End of.
I didn't post the thread to have a war with a set of f**king keyboard warriors.
And as for those that said "Orr, i would have keyed his car, or i would have got out a bar and smashed his car in."
Would you f**k.
In a car park full of people, you're going to look like a bell-end regardless of whether you talk civilised or aggressively to an old pensioner.
Yeah, i could have shouted at him, or even shat on his car, but i wouldn't have got anywhere.
The fact i'm only young and was wearing joggers and a hoody probably went against me anyway, cause i'd have looked like some dole ridden scutter that just wanted money to feed my 27 children.
The bump strips need respraying anyway, so i'm not even that bothered. He hasn't scratched my door.
But like Bren said, you wouldn't make someone pay for new shoes if someone had stepped on your shoe by accident.
Grow up.

What really did you expect though?

You've let some old chump bash up your car while you just sat there nursing your pea-sized nuts.

Clio 182 Trophy #229
Which is why you have his details, so you can follow it up. Im not going to drag him out of his house or anything I'm not a mad man but i would follow it up certainly. My car is my pride and joy.

Golf 7R
I'm not sure I'd sit that and watch a pensioner (or any person come to that) dent my car if i'm honest. You should have at least confronted him about it, it's not like you have to kick his dentures into Mcdonalds car park!

If you confront him and he tells you to jog on, then by all means burn his car, kill his children and get a gumjob off his Parkinson riddled Mrs!

Clio 182 Trophy #229
I'm not sure I'd sit that and watch a pensioner (or any person come to that) dent my car if i'm honest. You should have at least confronted him about it, it's not like you have to kick his dentures into Mcdonalds car park!

If you confront him and he tells you to jog on, then by all means burn his car, kill his children and get a gumjob off his Parkinson riddled Mrs!

Now thats what a crazy response looks like!

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
I think my question still stands. How are you going to make him pay?

if it happened to me, firstly i wouldnt have just sat there whimpering, i would have asked him politely if he had noticed the damage to the car and given him 2 options - 1. i get a quote to fix, he pays invoice. 2. if 1. doesnt happen, go thru insurance.

LOGIC.

In Spain it seems that your car isn't complete without 2 or more severe scuffs and bangs.

You dont see them trying to sue each other for it either.

Probably because they've got better things to do with their life. Like eat well, get some sun, fight some bulls.

Instead of eat Mc'D's, get some weed, fight some other chavs outside of Wetherspoons

You're so wrong lol.

People here don't give a toss about cars, they're just for getting from a to b, a bit like how they treat horses. I've seen brand new Aston Martins, BMW's, Audi's etc that are in worse condition than an average 10-15 year old car in the U.K.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
You're so wrong lol.

People here don't give a toss about cars, they're just for getting from a to b, a bit like how they treat horses. I've seen brand new Aston Martins, BMW's, Audi's etc that are in worse condition than an average 10-15 year old car in the U.K.

That's the point he was making. Way to fail.

Last edited:
Grow up.

And have the right to damage someone elses property?if your capable of driving you should be capable of getting out a car without damaging someone elses!

And its slightly different to trainers though, as you wouldn't resell trainers but any damage will affect a resale value on a car. Plus a pair of trainers are £50ish for a reasonable pair, but a car is worth ££££.

Last edited:
  Listerine & Poledo
You're so wrong lol.

Your country has the right idea senor.

:)

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
last time someone did that to Betty, i went to them like a bull in a china shop! wasn't pretty but got my point across! no damage but not the point. I wouldn't have just let it go

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
What do you do?

I've just been to McDonalds, and whilst i was sat munching a delicious McChicken sandwich, this old codger pulls up next to me.
He then reverses and pulls abit closer.
Our lass said to me "No door left for you then.."
And with that, the absolute moron opens his door into my passenger side; chipping paint off the bump strip.
He looked into my car with his mahooosive jam jar glasses and then proceeds to try and get out the car again, and again the idiot smacks my door.
And just to take the piss, he more or less falls out the third time, mutters something and then strolls into Maccies like he's just won a free meal.

Now, if you were in my position, what would you do?
Bearing in mind, he was about 75, and looked pissed.
If he was younger, i'd have probably got out and given him some shoe pie, but i thought i'd give him a heart attack if i said something.
What a clayton! :mad:

I was waiting for him to come out so i could say something, but i had to be back. ¬¬

Parked in McD's with a hoody and joggers on? Couldn't you have gotten some of your "mandems" from your croooze to stop drifting around on food trays and back you up, as you were to scared to talk to him on your own?

Status
Not open for further replies.