ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

When turning left there is a Juddering / Vibration

​I've had this Juddering/Vibration for a while now. I've had pretty much everything changed on this damn car so getting quite frustrated with it.

When turning left and putting some load on the front right wheel it feels like I'm going over a load of those lines in the road (the ones you go over when approaching a roundabout).

I'm pretty sure someone will know what's wrong with it. I have taken it to the garage at the weekend and they checked for movement (top and bottom of wheel) and all the joints etc and couldn't diagnose it.

I'm heading to the Nurburgring in October and can't go on the track in it's current state as it fills me with no confidence. Could someone help?

I recently changed the engine mounts... could one of them have come loose? I have read various topics suggesting this as a reason but none of them actually came back and answered if it was or not.

Cheers,

Scott

I am determined to be the very first person to add a resolution to this problem.

Last night i went out and pulled the battery out. The gearbox mount was moving around. The nuts had come loose on the bolts and was allowing a significant movement of the engine. I've ordered some new nuts and bolts for the gearbox mount. I have also re-seated and secured the upper engine mount (both these mounts were only fitted 3 months ago). I shall post back once I've fitted the new bolts and give it a drive later on.

Clio 172, Pug 106
Strut top mounts? Mine does this and the first thing I noticed was the mounts were knackered... Got them to fit when I get round too it