ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where Do I Stand With This?

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
My girlfriend is insured fully comp on her Corsa with Quinn Direct and I am a named driver on the policy. I paid the insurance for her in full in September 2006.

Last month we added her brother onto the policy as a named driver for a week at a cost of around £40. I gave my card details over the phone and the payment was entered by the customer service representative.

Today my girlfriend phones up to see if her renewal can be lowered as she has had cheaper quotes with other companies. The customer service representative says "no" then proceeds to say that the payment for the temporary insurance of £40 is still outstanding. I've never received any sort of bill advising me I hadn't paid it and owed it to them!

What's the story with this? Do I have to phone them and pay for the outstanding balance? Or as I have attempted to pay the £40 are Quinn at fault?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

have you got a bil stating you paid?you will have to pay,if you try a different company quinn will probs hunt you for it

LY 182
easy to prove mate,, bank statemnt (or bank will have records of it)
it either did or didnt go through,, work that one out and go from there

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
I've just checked my internet banking and the payment has never been taken from my account.

What frustrates me is that I phoned them up and made the "payment" over the phone.....surely it is Quinn that has messed up by not taking the payment. What would have happened if this had been the original £400 odd payment that was still outstanding from last year?

How about I phone them up and say that the driver we added didn't need temporary insurance after all??? LOL

172 and vw passat
Quinn are a big scam i think. currently with them at the moment and paying £2400 was £1400 then said i past my test and bumped it up. and thats for a 1.2 ! im defo nt going back with them thats for sure.

BMW M135i
They're cheap as f**k for provisional drivers so people jump in without reading up on it then they bang the price up when you pass, so you either have to cancel and loose money or cough up. Most of the others I looked at when I insured my 1.2 just before I passed the price was the same before and after, I went with tesco and they didn't charge me anything when I changed to a full license.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
why dont you just say you didnt get a cover note,
so he didnt use the car because you didnt think he was covered,
and you'll be damned if you paying for cover you didnt get.

surely if you OWE them the money,
they have already supplied the service,
they seemed pretty cheap when i looked at them
might have to read the fine print

clio 172 ph1
why dont you just say you didnt get a cover note,
so he didnt use the car because you didnt think he was covered,
and you'll be damned if you paying for cover you didnt get.

I agree, if you didnt get a cover note or some form of confirmation of your purchace, he was seemingly insured. What if the filth had given him a producer???