ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where do the resistors go...

Bumder With A Buffer
NO dude Resistors are bi-directional so doesnt matter what way round they go.

Diodes can only go one way.

There is a possibility your resistor is broken. Easy way to tell would be to put a multimeter across the ends though and id guess you dont have one of them!! Some replacments are on the way to you though. :)

Golf GTD Mk7
It's easy, clip off the black connector, so you have the three wires. Black is earth so just tape up the end. Then put a resistor between the other two. Try 2.7, 3.03 and 3.3 ohm resistors.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Jonny1*2 said:
It's easy, clip off the black connector, so you have the three wires. Black is earth so just tape up the end. Then put a resistor between the other two. Try 2.7, 3.03 and 3.3 ohm resistors.
Do you need to take the black block completely off!? What about when you put the STD seats back? Couldni net just splice into them?

Bumder With A Buffer
You dont need to chop the black connector off but it does help if you can/want to. if you chop it off so that you have some wire left on the black connector part you can use a choc bloc to reattach it when you come to put standard seats back in.

Golf GTD Mk7
richy22 said:
You dont need to chop the black connector off but it does help if you can/want to. if you chop it off so that you have some wire left on the black connector part you can use a choc bloc to reattach it when you come to put standard seats back in.

That :D

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
thanks mate... I will provide the pictures and you provide the paint editing skills to show me the crack...

Il probably do a little guide too

200 Gordini
Ive still not got round to fixing my chewed up wires, Richy. Been too cold and wet and havent been arsed. Its on my list to do this week though.

One thing i have noticed is my seatbelt warning 'beep' doesnt come on anymore. Does this mean one of my resistors is in the wrong place?

E87 118d M Sport
Thanks Rich. Worked perfectly!!!!!! I measured the resistance across the resistor that was in there already (the long black recaro one i presuem) and it output 2.1ohms.

All sorted!!! MUCH appreciated!

330 Ci
Boosh - If you follow the mini write up/things i've discovered thing i did on P2 along with the picture of the block connector you'll be fine :)

As stated above the block connector is just to make life easier (no reason you couldn't perservere with the OE plug).. I pissed around with it for a few weeks before getting frustrated and chopping it... benefits of using a BC are that you can physically see the connection - so its one less thing that could be faulty/incorrect.

As long as you chop the wires to the plug off halfway between the sheived section and the plug then you'll have enough left at both ends to reconnect the plug to the wires using a BC should you choose to revert back to the OE seats in the future.

Anyway.. what seats are you putting in? Piccys please :D

I've been alternating between these two

P1030970.jpg

can't decide which i find more supportive.. am possibly tempted to go back to standard :S

Last edited:
  Bumder With A Buffer
Ive still not got round to fixing my chewed up wires, Richy. Been too cold and wet and havent been arsed. Its on my list to do this week though.

One thing i have noticed is my seatbelt warning 'beep' doesnt come on anymore. Does this mean one of my resistors is in the wrong place?

Naaa I reckon the connector in the seat belt buckle has come out!!! At the bottom of the seatbelt is a connector for that

MON

titty cup'd 182
I am about to fit some new seats in my 182, so I just wanted to say all input so far has been a great help to aid my understanding of the process, thanks all involved

I bought 50x 2.7ohm resistors off ebay for about £3 - they turned up next day

2 of them in the air bag wires where i've fitted my OMP wheel and boss, then 1 in each of the seat belt pretensioners - worked a treat

I folded the wire over to make it a bit thicker - pushed it into the clip then put electrical tape around it all to hold it in place :)

I'll post some pics this weekend when I fit my recaros - and i've probably got a load of the resistors spare I can post to people if they want some

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Richie, resistors are here....

I tried doing it but it didn't work still :(

What am i doing wrong lol

HEre is what i am doing...

1) bend the wire in half each side of the resistor to make it thicker - IE better connection...

2) putting the resistor down the brown wire
3) putting the other side down the peachy coloured wire.

Here is what it looks like:

IMG_0050.jpg

Drivers

IMG_0049.jpg

E87 118d M Sport
just out of interest mate, how long as you running the car when you try it out?

mine took about 3 minutes then the lights went off.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Ah right.. Il leave it running then markie... I left it on about 10 secs... lights stay off then come back on... brb...

Oh and to Fast AD. Here are my seats...

IMG_0052.gif

A bit hardcore agreed, but they give you so much more confidence in the bends. Hold you mega too, and suprisingly comfy :)

330 Ci
I tried doing it but it didn't work still :(

I doubled the legs on mine but they still weren't making the connection due to the plug being the length it is.. the resistor definately looks like its in the right holes though.

Only one thing for it: CHOP +
connector_block.jpg
= Byebye airbag light :D

mine took about 3 minutes
Im guessing your battery was still plugged in? If you unplug the battery when you do it, they should go straight out when you reconnect.

Very nice seats btw :approve: !

Bumder With A Buffer
Those are 3.3 ohm ones...if they dont work then use the 3.9 ones I sent you and as markie said wait a few minutes as it wont go off straight away (the airbag light)

edit oh and of course you need to do both at the same time! ;)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Are you sure those are the 3.3ohm ones richie? As i used the ones outside the bag and there is a sign on the bag saying 3.3ohm ones inside lol?

Bumder With A Buffer
Oh you know what I ment! yes the 3.9ohm ones were outside :eek:...i couldnt remember how id packed them! :eek:

Friday wobbly head moment :)

MON

titty cup'd 182
Installed my seats and dealt with the airbag issue last weekend.

I chopped the wires and using a connector inserted 3.9ohm 0.25w resistors and the airbag light didn't come on when the battery was reconnected.

Thanks to FAST_aD13 for detailing the 'chop' method.

Titanium 182
bit of a bump here but Im going to chop my wires and use the block connectors

However, had a look on maplins but cant find them. Anyone able to link them?

Titanium 182
Man I still cant get my light to go off. Iv tried about 5 different types of resistors between 2.9 and 3.9 ohm. Iv took some pictures
Am I connecting the correct wires? Iv left the black ones out and used the brown and lighter coloured wires.
They are getting a good connection and Iv no idea at all why its not working

Photo0607.gif

Photo0606.gif

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Dont you need a resistor in both connectors?

I followed boosh's guide which is somewhere and it worked fine, has been for over a months now :D

Nissan 350z
Richard1, cover your eyes!

Everyone else im after alittle advice here. Using the above technique im trying to resolve the same problem on my 200 after attempting to trial fit 197 recaros. Although everything was a straight swap the connectors however are different. Upon inspect the socket/plugs are identicle shape but the 197 recaro has 5 pins in the plug, but the wiring loom under the seat has 4 pin sockets from 4 wires (brown, blue, brown, blue).

Other than alot of trail and error testing lots of different resistor strengths in lots of possible combinations, is there an easier way of figuring this out? :)

Cheers

Nissan 350z
Just to expand on the above. Althrough the plugs (ie the 200 wiring loom and the 197 recaros) connected together as a straight swap, the connections within the plugs does not.

It appears the 200 has:
Seat Airbags
Pretensioner alert (bleeps when unplugged)
Anti-submarining airbags

I've bolded the problem. When the car gets no signal/response for this additional thing that the recaro doesnt have i get the airbag light. So in theory i only need to resistor/bridge the gap on this particular bit.... I think i'll get a quote from an Auto Electrician and see what they make of it as i need to retain as much of the OEM as possible so i can swap them out in future if required :(

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Hi guys old thread bump I know but just need a little advice. I plugged in the resistors to the black connection a few weeks ago and the lights on the dashboard went out straight away! Was very happy... then eventually they came back. I read about making a bad connection so I cut the ends off them both and made sure they're double packed in, feel very tight now! But again it only lasted a little while then it came back again.

I've read about the grey connector too but is that just for if you change the belts? I have the originals and there's no 'loose' grey connector that looks like the one mentioned in here. What else can I try, the choc block method perhaps? Thanks.