ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

where does the exhaust leak before the cat?

182,mx-5 mk1,mev sonic 7
hi ive noticed my exhaust is now sounding raspy its a standard 182. had a quick look undert it when starting from cold and its somewhere between enine and first cat is there a common failure point on these cars?
ive yet to put it up and check it properly.
whats the deal on the yozzasport exhausts i read a while back people were struggling getting a hold of one after paying is that all sorted out now?
if it is leaking before first cat i take it an aftermarket exhaust wont sort it out becasue they are cat backand it seems to be leaking before this where can i get a replacement part from?

Da

Less
You probably need a mani-CAT kit from Renault. Includes new bolts, gaskets etc and should sort the problem out.
Yes they are quite common to be blowing from there, mine included.

As for the Yozza's, they are made to order so there is quite a lead time but as far as I know everyone received their goods eventually, just a bit slower than expected.

Clio 182
just had a similar issue on mine, the front of the cat had a split right the way round where it joins to the manifold.

your options are:

decat
sports cat
new standard cat (boring and expensive)
weld/repair old cat.