ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where Does Your Rev Limiter Do It?

A Fast One!
hey everyone,

after talking to sh33n and looking at my car we are a bit puzzled at where exactly the rev limiter is supposed to kick in on the 172 Cup?

basically i hear that it kicks in lower when the car is cold and then once warm it goes to its true setting.......

now my limiter kicks in at 6800rpm when its cold and then when its warm it revs clean through the red line and hits the limiter at about 7250 to 7400 ish rpm.......

now sh33n's car hits the limiter at bang on 7k when its warm...... so the question is whats the norm???

also when should the cam profile change and it comes on cam?

cheers,

Alex

Clio RS Mk1
Don't know what's the difference between 172 & 172 cup.

My 172 rev limiter hits @ 6.8oo when cold.

When warm than @:
1. 7.25o
2. 7.25o
3. 7.25o
4. 7.ooo
5. 7.ooo

djsly

My CUP seems the same as yours tbh. Sounds about right, i tend to not be looking at it to much, i just happen to catch the green light in the corner when i need to change.

A Fast One!
R20GRC said:
comes on cam at 5k

cheers :D

i thought it did as there seems to be a bit of a flat spot at about 4.5k

cheers for the rest of the replies so far guys :D sounds about normal then i think.....

Alex

clio 182 black /gold
Hi i noticed today that my clio had gone over 7K and the limiter never even flickerd, Is this normal. It used to be 6.8K, yes the engine is warm. I never rev it up when cold.

Last edited:
  Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
With group N ecu.....

1st 7500
2nd 7800
3rd 8000
4th 8000
5th....... Never got there but tried ;)

davesrealgood said:
140 n sh*t me self! (At bruntinghtorpe!!)

Shitting yourself is when teh car is going sideways towards the gravel in the wet.

Like the flat out, top of 4th corner at bruntingthorpe, must say tbh thats about the only bit about it i like

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Lol When Its Getting That High Up The Rev Range At That Speed I Was Worried I Might Hurt Her :(

A Fast One!
Lunner said:
You take your clio to 6800rpm when its cold, f**k me remind me never to buy one of your cars

have you ever heard of a 1 off test? :rolleyes:

any moron knows not to rev the nuts off the car for a good 10 mins into your journey minimum!

Alex