ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where is the best place to wire LED lights from?

'99 Megane Coupe
Hey guys, I have some led strips I want to put in my footwell, but I'm not sure where the best place to draw power from would be, I have a switch, so my plan was just to draw the power from the amp in the back, but I thought I would ask some advice first...

Thanks.

-C

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Hey guys, I have some led strips I want to put in my footwell, but I'm not sure where the best place to draw power from would be, I have a switch, so my plan was just to draw the power from the amp in the back, but I thought I would ask some advice first...

Thanks.

-C

I used my interior light for power mate; wired up the A-Pillars and through the headlining :)

'99 Megane Coupe
I was considering that, but it seems like a lot of hassle to get the roofing off, how long did it take you??

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
I was considering that, but it seems like a lot of hassle to get the roofing off, how long did it take you??

No need to take the headlining off.. Just feed it through carefully; takes a little bit of patience to do it properly.
I had the lot done in just over an hour :)

Black Gold Trophy
^ that is retarded!
Take the headlining out to draw power from another source?

If you're going to go to that effort, you may aswell do it properly and use and unused slot in the fusebox

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
^ that is retarded!
Take the headlining out to draw power from another source?

If you're going to go to that effort, you may aswell do it properly and use and unused slot in the fusebox

"No need to take the headlining off..."

Hardly any effort at all.

BG Clio 182 - Recaro
Unscrew your sun covers and take rubber off doors. Get your LEDs on a thin metal pile then attach led wire to it the thread to interior light. Take the bulb out of the spotlight then you have a switch as well. I got under door lights but they attached to door opening sensor. Looks ace !!!