ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where is the body control unit ?

Hi folks,

Could do witha little help with this one if you could please.
1st off let me say that I am not 100% sure what I am looking for which makes this a bit more difficult.

I am of the understanding that it is located passenger side behind the trim for the bonnet release etc.

So after having removed that trim all I can see is a box with what looks like most of the loom feeding into it, this box is located roughly behind the fuse box, I have unclipped it and pulled it down but the loom is like hard wired into the top of it, also has loads of relays plugged into it and a sticker on the side which I havent taken note of apart from the last 2 digits (N4)
I cant see an easy way to get it free from the loom short of cutting the loom.

I cant see anything else that could be the body control unit so i assume this is it, how the hell do I remove the loom from it ?

My car is/was a phase 1 172.

Ta
James

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
looks about right connections wise etc.. but the uch's iv seen have been black... what model clio is it ?

BMW M135i
Its a Ph1 so its not a UCH in the sense of a Ph2 and onwards. Its a multitimer unit, similar function but more basic.