ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

where is the decat .... (thicko)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just look on k-tec website? Bet there is pics of a 172 decat on there.

S4 Avant
An exhaust consists of three sections usually. Catalytic converter, centre scilencer and back box. The exhaust in that picture above has no centre section, and a pipe to replace the catalytic converter, attached to the exhaust already.

clio sport 172 cup
An exhaust consists of three sections usually. Catalytic converter, centre scilencer and back box. The exhaust in that picture above has no centre section, and a pipe to replace the catalytic converter, attached to the exhaust already.

so will this exhaust need a decat aswel or not ?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
A decat is a peice of pipe pretty much. Just go look under your car, you'll see the cat, has a sensor plugged in the side.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The exhaust in the ebay ad looks like a cat back system, so will need a decat should you want it.

It will be effing loud though. One box and a decat is ear splittling volume.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Nope, there is already a decat joined to it.

That particular exhaust though, will be stupidly loud, and look w**k

? Remember a 172 decat bends up to the manifold not like a 182

clio sport 172 cup
i no its just a peice ov pipe i just thort this exhaust already had a decat on if u get me with it being a stright thru exhaust for this was the meaning ov a decat ...

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Straight through exhast to me means no baffles in it. Not a decat

Titanium 182
i no its just a peice ov pipe i just thort this exhaust already had a decat on if u get me with it being a stright thru exhaust for this was the meaning ov a decat ...

I know it's just a piece of pipe, I just thought this exhaust already had a decat on. If you get me, with it being a straight through exhaust for this was the meaning of a decat.

It still reads like complete gibberish at the end, but for the love of god PLEASE! stop murdering my language. :(

Last edited:
  alien green rs133
from the front of the car to the back there are a few sections

ENGINE - Manifold - Cat - Centre section - Backbox

the Cat is replaced with the "Decat" which is located just infront of the gear stick

alien green rs133
my experence with a sport cat, k-tecs own, and it fell to bits inside blocking exhaust.

poor tbh, if you can get a interchangeable decat your laughing :D