ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where to get colour coded bump strips?

Lots of Alfas
I dont think you can buy them colourcoded from Renault they are either plastic colour or primed, best to take your sidestrips to a good bodyshop and get them sprayed.

I know the Ph2 172 ones are:

Front passengers side 77 01 052 470 £18.25 ex vat

Rear passengers side 77 01 052 472 £14.42 ex vat

Front drivers side 77 01 052 474 £18.25 ex vat

Rear drivers side 77 01 052 476 £14.42 ex vat

2.0 Badges are 82 00 074 475 (about £30+ not sure)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Pointless buying new ones unless you really want the new shape but then you'd still need to get them colourcoded. Best bet is to find a decent bodyshop in your area. Quotes seem to vary from £100 upwards I think.

Clio 172 Ph1
EvilJohn said:
Pointless buying new ones unless you really want the new shape but then you'd still need to get them colourcoded. Best bet is to find a decent bodyshop in your area. Quotes seem to vary from £100 upwards I think.

Nah I'm not bothered about new shape ones, I'd like the same ones I have on now, just in silver.

Thanks for the price guess-timate :)

richard691

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo RS133 & 172
Why not buy a new pair from cliospares in wolverhampton and give them your paint code and they'll paint them as well for a bit extra?

Clio 172 Ph1
richard691 said:
Why not buy a new pair from cliospares in wolverhampton and give them your paint code and they'll paint them as well for a bit extra?

Sounds good, any idea how much it's likely to cost? Do you have a website or contact number for them at all? Cheers :)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Id want to see how well they paint first. Also whats the point in buying new ones if you're happy with the ones you've got just not the colour? Seems like a waste of money to me :s

Clio 172 Ph1
EvilJohn said:
Id want to see how well they paint first. Also whats the point in buying new ones if you're happy with the ones you've got just not the colour? Seems like a waste of money to me :s

Depends how much extra it's going to be to get a new pair rather than have my existing pair sprayed. If it's similar sort of cash I'd rather get new ones so that a) I've got spares in case of any problems and b) I can always return the car to stock when selling.

If it turns out getting new ones will be a lot more expensive however then yes, I'd agree with you and I'd just look at getting my existing ones painted.