ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

where to get key cut and coded?

Clio 182 Cup
Hi,
there may have been other posts about this but couldn't see any that weren't quite old. I want to get a spare key for my 182 - i think you can get blanks on ebya and cutting is straight forward, but can anyone recommend where to get it coded, that doesn't cost silly money?

thanks,
Henry

TImpson have done a coded key for the missus' car for about £60, but I'm not sure if the Clios work on a similar system - could be worth ringing them to check / popping in.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
TImpson have done a coded key for the missus' car for about £60, but I'm not sure if the Clios work on a similar system - could be worth ringing them to check / popping in.
was that a completely new key, or was it a new case and blade using the old internals (transponder etc).

I've looked on their website and it only shows an option for cutting classic car keys. I didn't know they involved in coding new keys.

Timpson charge £120 to supply and cut a 172/182 key. You can buy key blanks for £10 on eBay and I've found independent shops who will cut and code for £50.