ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where to get suspension stuff

Arctic Just A 182
Just been to the garage and the mechanic did a quick once over and spotted that I need new springs and shock absorbers at the front. What should I be buying and where from? Not particularly interested in lowering springs.

Cheers

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Renault Wolverhampton in the traders section. OE dampers are 33 quid a corner. Not sure on spring prices but eibachs can be picked up for less than 100 quid on here and don't really lower by much

330i. E30 Touring.
Eibach Prolines over standard OE replacements tbh.

They lower 10-15mm, so not noticable. Drive much nicer. And they're black so you'd never tell.

Arctic Just A 182
Driver side spring has snapped and the shocks are wearing.

Are Sachs springs any good? Europarts are selling them for £46 at the min.

Arctic Just A 182
I've gone for the Sachs springs and shocks. The reason I didn't want any lowering was because I've got a sharp incline on the drive and if it's any lower it'll start scraping the barnacles off the bottom of the car.
Only slight concern is whether the Sachs springs will be Cup or non-Cup height. We shall see.

Arctic Just A 182
I've no idea what EuroParts have sent me but the Sachs shock absorber box says "Clio 98" on it. Am I right in thinking that non-Trophy Sachs dampers are shite anyway? I'm beginning to think I should just get the OEM Cup shocks and send the Sachs ones back. Oh I don't know.
The Sachs springs are ok though, right? Are they?

These are the shocks, btw.

Ph2 172
Stick with OEM. Paul Temperton is the man to speak to at Renault parts direct as he does good deals. They're on Facebook if you are.

Arctic Just A 182
Yeah, I've just ordered from them. Sending the other stuff back. Gawd knows what I was thinking.
I'm going to look REALLY STUPID when I ask but on the Renault Parts Direct site where the parts say **CUP MODEL** that means it's fine for FF Clio's, right? Not that it's strictly just for Cup models?

Volvo S40
Yeah, I've just ordered from them. Sending the other stuff back. Gawd knows what I was thinking.
I'm going to look REALLY STUPID when I ask but on the Renault Parts Direct site where the parts say **CUP MODEL** that means it's fine for FF Clio's, right? Not that it's strictly just for Cup models?
Yes fine for a FF

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
I spent I small fortune with them today can't wait to get it fitted. Great to deal with