ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where's the best place to buy coilovers? Also Coilovers vs Lowering Springs?

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
I was meant to be buying a car but it fell through unfortunately, however i've been looking at a car only £1k completely standard, but i would want it to be lowered in all honesty, because i had £3k budget for a car, i have a bit in the kitty to make it look sweet :)
So coilovers or lowering springs? the internet has mixed opinions so i thought i would ask my clio buddies, who has had experience in both? which would you prefer?

also the main question here, where can i find good quality ones that wont break the balance? also as im not mechanical I would need to pay someone :(
has anyone else been in my boat regarding this? How much were you quoted on labour?

Less of the 20Q anyway haha :D

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
Coilovers for sure. i've got Ta Technix on mine, they were £250 delivered. I just went for ones that lowered the most and were the cheapest. Not sure about the bolt spacing on yours though you would have to check. There's other options like vmaxx or fk for around the £400 mark. Do i search theres plenty of threads in here discussing coilovers. With regards to fitting i had a mate fit mine for free. Someone off here might be able to give you a hand if they live close by.

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
well ive been quoted £145 for fitting coils, but im looking at a car that is already lowered you see :) thats why i want to know difference with coils and springs.

thanks though buddy im a bit reluctant buying off ebay in case of a poor brand

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
depends how low you want it as to whether you want coilovers or springs i guess. Ta technix aren't the best on the market but are cheap and go low!

I was always advised if I fitted lower springs, to also fit new shocks as it was likely my standard ones would be knackered. After pricing it all up, the coilovers would cost the same as shocks and springs so i also got a set of the £250 Ta-technix from a seller on e-bay, cost me about £80 to have them fitted at a garage a friend works at. They're great, ride can be a little stiff but as mozzer said, they are cheap and provided what i wanted - a lower car. I Think they were for sale for 280 but I best offered them to 250.

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
Turns out the car i brought was already lowered, right pain going over speed bumps and ive already cracked bumper a little bit on a pothole :(